Status
Not open for further replies.

Romeomike2709

Hey,

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. I'm running an SDS 200 and 100. Up until two days ago I could hear Mount Juliet, WEMA and Nashville Fire with no issues. Then my dear girlfriend decided to help me out and do an update/whatever and now I am unable to hear a single thing. I have gone through the settings and even deleted and remade the favorites list but I can't hear a whimper. Any advice is much appreciated.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I am guessing you see the entries when it is set to scan. Is it stopping on any channels? First thing to check is the squelch. I hear them with squelch set to 2-3. Then check the global attenuation setting in the profile/Miscellaneous. While checking make sure, though would be seemingly time consuming to do to all channel, to check the Filter setting at the Department level. All I got with the information available.
Maybe she set something to get you to spend more time with her? Just kidding...:)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Well your problem makes no sense but let's take it step by step. When you said she did an update? Does she know anything about how to do an update? Did you not do the latest firmware updates after taking the radio out of their boxes when you received them? If not ask her is that what she did, the latest firmware updates? Did it all seem to go well? Did she have the right targets set for each radio n Sentinel?

If I am misunderstanding you and you did do the latest firmware updates as the first thing after unpacking the radios then did she just do a database update so that you had the latest information in the database?

Try your local Weather Channel's just to make sure the radios are picking up something.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Wonder what would happen if you tried to update the girlfriend.. Maybe the scanner starts working and she doesnt? ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.