Lost the Trunking function in my Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysand

Lost the Trunking function.

The Scancat Software I used to program my Pro-96 was working great for a couple of years, Then the computer died.

I then reinstalled the Scancat Software into another computer and began using the software again on my Pro-96.

Everything seamed to be working ok between the software program data transfers with the Pro-96.

But then I noticed that even though the Trunk Freq.'s and ID's looked ok, The Trunking function of scanner quit working.

For 2 weeks now I tried everything I could to get the scanner's Trunking function to work again.

I had another member help me check everything out were unable to solve the Trunking problem.

I then Installed another software called Win96 on to another computer, with another cable.

Everything seamed to be working Great with the programming between Win96 and my scanner, using the old and new cables.

Still the Trunking function in the Pro-96 would not work. I could hear the trunking communications when I pressed the Manual button.

So I knew that I could receive the signals. I also made sure that all was updated the scanner, like the DSP.

I and the other member have tried all the basics and beyond and still No Luck.

My last guess is , Could it have been a Voltage Change in the cable, that damaged the Trunking function in my Pro-96??

I read somewhere in the Forum that there is a Voltage Change in the cables when used between computers.

Does anybody have any other ideas before I turn my Pro-96 in for repair?

DickH

The first thing you should do is make sure the control channel has not changed to a new frequency.
Put it in MANUAL mode, then step through the freqs. to be sure the control channel is still working.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
daysand said:
Lost the Trunking function.

The Scancat Software I used to program my Pro-96 was working great for a couple of years, Then the computer died.

I then reinstalled the Scancat Software into another computer and began using the software again on my Pro-96.

Everything seamed to be working ok between the software program data transfers with the Pro-96.

But then I noticed that even though the Trunk Freq.'s and ID's looked ok, The Trunking function of scanner quit working.

For 2 weeks now I tried everything I could to get the scanner's Trunking function to work again.

I had another member help me check everything out were unable to solve the Trunking problem.

I then Installed another software called Win96 on to another computer, with another cable.

Everything seamed to be working Great with the programming between Win96 and my scanner, using the old and new cables.

Still the Trunking function in the Pro-96 would not work. I could hear the trunking communications when I pressed the Manual button.

So I knew that I could receive the signals. I also made sure that all was updated the scanner, like the DSP.

I and the other member have tried all the basics and beyond and still No Luck.

My last guess is , Could it have been a Voltage Change in the cable, that damaged the Trunking function in my Pro-96??

I read somewhere in the Forum that there is a Voltage Change in the cables when used between computers.

Does anybody have any other ideas before I turn my Pro-96 in for repair?

Post your file from win96 so we can take a look at it. Also let us know your location (city, state, county).

Bucko

I would try re-setting your Pro96 ( being you have used ScanCat ) then re-program with Win96. I had a similar problem with another model GRE scanner, it showed all was programmed correct but my TG's would not work until I reset and programmed by hand.

daysand

Thanks for the reply
Did reset
CC is 860.2375 with 3 Alt's . I have a Pro 94 also with the Trunking with same Freq.s and they have changed a while back.
I need to see how to send the Win96 info.
I hope I have answered all the questions so far. Let me know if I haven't done so.

mcema699

I will ask if you've checked that the channel mode is set to MO for those that are trunked. I'm guessing you've checked that but since no one has mentioned it, I will.

daysand

Yes Sir I have made sure that the Mode is MO. I stated be there use to be no problem with trunking with my Pro-96.
Thank you for asking.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
daysand said:
Yes Sir I have made sure that the Mode is MO. I stated be there use to be no problem with trunking with my Pro-96.
Thank you for asking.
upload your sacncat or win 96 file I will take a look at them, better yet you should post this question in your state forum and I bet you can get someone in your area to help you with this.

Last edited:

daysand

Win 96 File : Lost the Trunking function in my Pro-96

The Win96, file with the extension p96 Will Not accepted .
So you can not upload the Win96 file that you asked for.
I have provided the link to the Freq,s and ID's for my location in Houston Texas which is in Harris Co.
The Trunking in my Pro-96 WAS working Great for about 3 years, untill I put my Scanning Softwares and cables on to another computer. I think there may have been the wrong voltage through the cable from one of the computers I use.
(I did read in the forum about cable voltage between computers.)
I have a Pro-94 right beside My Pro-96, using the same Freq's and ID's and it is working Great.
Let me know if there is another way to upload the Win96 info. that you want.

Thanks for asking

daysand

Win96 : Lost the Trunking function in my Pro-96

Ok
I have only needed the Downtown Houston Site, from where I live at .

I use the same Freq's in my Pro-94

Thanks for checking the Win 96 file.

Attachments

• Hou-Area-DT-Site.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 60

daysand

My problem is my Pro-96 Trunking function, not where I live.
I have stated that I have the Pro-94 which is a Trunking radio also and it is Trunking Great.

If I don't receive a answer to resolve the trunking issue by today, I will turn in the scanner for repair.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
In bank "0" (which is where the "Downtown Hou" frequencies are in channels 39-42) the frequencies are set correctly to MOT, but the bank is set to CONV instead of MOT.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
W5JSS said:
In bank "0" (which is where the "Downtown Hou" frequencies are in channels 39-42) the frequencies are set correctly to MOT, but the bank is set to CONV instead of MOT.
yep he needs to change to the MOT mode he also has this bank and must of his banks set to the open mode and he needs to add the dec codes/ numbers for what he wants to listen to when he changes bank 0 to the mot mode he will get every thing that the control channel is brodcasting, so if it where me I would put in the dec numbers for the system talk groups that I want to here and change it to the closed mode.

Last edited:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
There are over 200 talk group for the system that you want to listen to tell me what one you want and i will post a win 96 zip file with the changes you need you like sheriff, life flight or what and what bank of your 96 are you using for down town Huston as I see you have the control channels for it in almost every bank

Last edited:

daysand

I sent a Small Freq.file setup to be simple.
I will send a Larger Win96 Freq.File setup. that I have used for years in the Pro-96 and I programed the same Freq's and ID's in my Pro-94, ( which is trunking great.)

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Houston - Area-10-22-07.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 46

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Sorry it took so long to get back to you but from looking at your up load it looks fine and should be working, but i don't live in your area and Can verify your control channel set up, the one thing that I would change is you should not have more than one control channel that is working in one bank with out a conventional freq between control channels and like I said before you should post this in your state forum there are Meany people down there that can help you with this problem....73'3

Status
Not open for further replies.