Lowband Logs 6/29/2006 - From San Antonio, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm also hearing a fairly active military Tower on 32.825 FM, clearing to land and takeoff aircraft. Frequencies handed off to 119.25 and 255.3

Sounds like helo operations, since clearing take off from "Lanes" and "Channels"

Anyone know who this is?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I figured since I was getting DX from the SE, it must be a very large Army Heliport in the Southeast, which makes it Ft Rucker or Ft Benning. Looked at a Sat Photo of the Lowe Army Heliport, and indeed they have 6 lanes for Helos.

Tower then advised that "Carins" reported a new altimeter setting for the field, which definitly makes it Ft Rucker. This is a new frequency for the tower there.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Qball, during the opening I had my Icom 2500 hooked up to my Loop HF Antenna, which is probably a 100FT Triangle loop in the backyard.

Interesting, York County Fire Dispatch was loud and clear, like it was local. I monitored a rollover response that day that involved Clover FD, and that is what clued me in.

Fascinating listening to remote agencies... and I swear I was right there with you on the North Carolina border. Best of all, the information in the RRDB allowed me to figure out who is was in a matter of minutes.

Previously, I had to dig thru 8 or so Police call guides... which would have literally taken me days.

Status
Not open for further replies.