LOWNDES County poor reception???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bildad1

I have been monitoring the Lowndes feed and it seems that it is very choppy and distorted a lot of times. Can someone advise if they are having the same issues? I have a high speed internet connection so I am wondering if everyone is getting the same reception or it's just me.

N8IAA

I have been monitoring the Lowndes feed and it seems that it is very choppy and distorted a lot of times. Can someone advise if they are having the same issues? I have a high speed internet connection so I am wondering if everyone is getting the same reception or it's just me.

Not just you. Just listened for a couple of minutes, and it does get choppy. Chop and distortion are common problems with simulcast systems and the present day digital scanners. A lot depends on the antenna, and signal strength of the closest and next closest towers. Where I live, I don't need an antenna to monitor my county's trunked system. I use the smallest antenna, a RS 450MHz stubby racing duck, with my 106 and 396XT. The person providing the feed may need to add attenuation, the 'A' on the screen, to improve the feed. Maybe you can leave a message in the appropriate place in the feeds to let them know that there are problems:)
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.