slicerwizard
Member
Which program? (just wondering if you're in the right thread)
There is no band 16 - the bandplan fields only use four bits.fwradio said:16 - not defined
12, 14, and 16 are not defined in the Passport 2.8 manual, but there is a VHF band that it does not tell us which plan it is. It should be one of those three.
That would depend on what you were trying to accomplish. If your scanner is in LTR mode, you obviously already know the LCN's. If you want to see what traffic a channel carries, park on it. If you want to log all active groups, scan away (in search mode)kd5dga said:Which is better;
Use a trunk tracking scanner trunking a LTR system while running the program?
or
set a single LTR frequency and monitor with the program?
I am using a pro92 (version 3.28) discriminator tapped trunking a LTR system.
| DCC | GOTO LCN | ASID or HSID | TG ID / MIN ID | Call Status | FREE LCN | CRC+Parity |
| 2 bits | 11 bits | 7 bits | 16 bits | 4 bits | 11 bits | 8 bits |
| DCC | GOTO LCN | HSID | Talkgroup ID | Type = 0 | FREE LCN | CRC+Parity |
| 2 bit | 11 bit | 7 bit | 16 bit | 4 bit | 11 bit | 8 bit |
| DCC | GOTO LCN | HSID | MIN (RID) | Type = 6 | FREE LCN | CRC+Parity |
| 2 bit | 11 bit | 7 bit | 16 bit | 4 bit | 11 bit | 8 bit |
| DCC | Normal or | ASID | "System Parameters" | Type = 1 | Neighbor | CRC+Parity |
| 2 bit | Forced Idle | 7 bit | Neighbor | Current | System Message | Registering | 8 bit |
| | 11 bit | | 8 bit | 8 bit | 4 bit | LCN - 11 bit | |
Hex: | Dec: |
-------------
701 | 1793 = "Normal Idle" (Channel Idle)
700 | 1792 = "Forced Idle" (Channel Busy)
Nbr | Current |
----------------
1 5 | 1 5
^ ^ ^ ^
| | | |
| | | Current Bandplan
| | Current Modulation (+8 indicates Registering)
| |
| Neighbor Bandplan
Neighbor Modulation
Hexidecimal | Decimal | Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1515 | 5397 | Neighbor NFM, 450 MHz. Current NFM, 450 MHz.
1505 | 5381 | Neighbor NFM, 450 MHz. Current FM, 450 MHz.
1595 | 5525 | Neighbor NFM, 450 MHz. Current NFM, Registering, 450 MHz.
(I haven't seen the following yet but they fit this configuration. Can anyone else confirm them?)
1585 | 5509 | Neighbor NFM, 450 MHz. Current FM, Registering, 450 MHz.
0505 | 1285 | Neighbor and Current FM and 450 MHz.
0515 | 1301 | Neighbor FM, 450 MHz. Current NFM, 450 MHz.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| DCC | GOTO LCN | HSID | Radio ID (MIN) | Type = 1 | FREE LCN | CRC+Parity |
| 2 bit | 11 bit | 7 bit | 16 bit | 4 bit | 11 bit | 8 bit |
| DCC | UNKEY MSG | HSID | TALKGROUP ID | Type = 1 | CURRENT FREQ LCN | CRC+Parity |
| 2 bit | LCN 2047 | 7 bit | 16 bit | 4 bit | IS FREE! | 8 bit |
| | 11 bit | | | | 11 bit | |
DCC is 2 bits.inigo88 said:Basic Structure of Passport OSW - 68 bits total, with the (0x158) sync bit omitted, ends up being 59 bits:
Code:| DCC | GOTO LCN | ASID or HSID | TG ID / MIN ID | Call Status | FREE LCN | CRC+Parity | | 3 bits | 11 bits | 7 bits | 16 bits | 4 bits | 11 bits | 8 bits |
The site number is the home site of the talkgroup and it is part of the full talkgroup ID. E.g. 34567 is not a talkgroup number, but 37-34567 could be.Type 0 - Group Call:
Code:| DCC | GOTO LCN | HSID | Talkgroup ID | Type = 0 | FREE LCN | CRC+Parity | | 3 bit | 11 bit | 7 bit | 16 bit | 4 bit | 11 bit | 8 bit |
Note that the site # is the HOME Site ID - the site # on which the call took place - not the current site number that it was received on.
Mesaage types 9 and 13 respectively.There should be message types to STUN and KILL a radio,
As far as I can recall, it's all part of message 11.as well as one to request the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) from a radio to compare against its Mobile ID Number (MIN / Radio ID) - such as during registration. I'm curious if the initial Type 11 message during registration may be an ESN request sent by the system in an OSW in response to an ISW from the radio requesting to register
I don't think there s one.I've also seen no evidence of any "DE-REGISTRATION" message type,
Message 5 = mobile transpond; it is usually used by the site controller to confirm that a mobile is still monitoring a site and is typically sent after three hours of inactivity by a subscriber radio. It is equivalent to a SmartZone affiliation request.I keep changing my mind on whether I think a type 5 is a Page or not. Most recently I'm doubting it. My latest log has some type 5 messages that I listened to in real time. No reply from the radio ID it was sent to, just a long string of the same type 5 OSW repeated over and over for several seconds. Then I also noticed some shorter ones, this time with a brief Type 5 message to a radio ID (3 or so repeated OSWs) followed by a much longer string of ACKs to the same radio ID. At this point I have no idea what this means, but is probably not a page (no response or subsequent group call from any of the radio IDs), and if it was there doesn't appear to be any way to identify the party sending the page, just the Radio ID receiving it.
Oops. Brainfart.slicerwizard said:There is no band 16 - the bandplan fields only use four bits.
slicerwizard said:Message 5 = mobile transpond; it is usually used by the site controller to confirm that a mobile is still monitoring a site and is typically sent after three hours of inactivity by a subscriber radio. It is equivalent to a SmartZone affiliation request.
DCC is 2 bits
ACK -> Radio ID
ACK -> Talkgroup ID
(Type 11) ESN Request? -> Radio ID
ACK -> Radio ID
(Type 3) Home CH Assign -> Radio ID
ACK -> Radio ID
ACK -> Radio ID
ACK -> Talkgroup ID
(Type 3) Home CH Assign -> Radio ID
ACK -> Radio ID
No, not yet. I haven't seen those OSW's around here.EricCottrell said:Any idea of what message types 2 and 4 are used for? Perhaps it is a priority indication or a source indication (console, inter-site, inter-network)?
Yep, they seem to have some organization to them.I noticed that the even message types are for messages involved with active communication on the repeater (group call, radio id) while the odd message types are system commands and responses.
You had written: "Note that the site # is the HOME Site ID - the site # on which the call took place - not the current site number that it was received on."inigo88 said:I also know that the talkgroup is preceeded by the HSID followed by a dash, I just didn't know what to call it officially... Group? The radio IDs follow the same format. I've edited my original post to fix the above.
The subscriber radio was still monitoring the system.Thank you for clearing up those message types, especially the Type 5! I've witnessed it performing exactly as you explained (though I've seen both Type 5 followed by Type 1 ACK,
The subscriber radio was not monitoring the system.and just Type 5 with no answer).
The radio ID may not have been flagged for ESN checking.I started suspecting that type 11 was the ESN request, because 50% of the time with registration I saw the following OSWs:
Code:ACK -> Radio ID ACK -> Talkgroup ID (Type 11) ESN Request? -> Radio ID ACK -> Radio ID (Type 3) Home CH Assign -> Radio ID ACK -> Radio ID
But the other 50% of the time, I simply saw this:
Code:ACK -> Radio ID ACK -> Talkgroup ID (Type 3) Home CH Assign -> Radio ID ACK -> Radio ID
Many radios don't deregister as they don't have soft power buttons. Any that do would do so by sending an appropriate ISW. All you'd see would be an ACK OSW, so there would be no deregistration OSW for you to track down.I could very well be overcomplicating the system... but I was just curious about the existence of a DE-REGISTRATION message because it appears in the Key Terminology on Page 5 of this document. I was also curious because of the seemingly random ACKs to Radio IDs that go out over the home channel (by themselves - not in conjunction with type 5 or any other message type).
I've never seen one in these parts. We were counting on you...Finally, I witnessed a Unit-to-Unit call ONCE, but didn't have the program running in time to catch the format. Do you know the format and message type used by a Unit to Unit call?
I've never seen one in these parts. We were counting on you...