Lubbock Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacer451

Does anyone know the cap codes for Lubbock EMS and maybe also the County Fire Depts?

Been trying to get them to use with a 330T and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Cap codes are the codes associated with a certain tone frequency used to activate pagers. I don't have the list with me, but these cap codes are programmed into the console for a specific departments tone out. They are also programmed into the Minitor pagers and when a certain cap code, or frequency of tone, is broadcast over the dispatch channel, the pagers decode it and sound an alert. These tones can be used also in scanners like the 330T or 396T to allow them to stay quiet on a dispatch channel until the receiver detects the tone and opens the audio.

pacer451

Rattler,

The actual cap codes are what I am looking for. I can decode them into the right format to put into a 330T. I already know all the categories that EMS uses, thanks though.

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
If no one is able to help you, the way I identified the pager tones and their associated cap codes for Grimes County was as follows. Forgive me if you already know this.....
1. Record through your computer's line in the audio of a tone off of a scanner with an audio out jack.
2. Use the program "Audacity" to play the audio file, and measure the wavelength of one wave by zooming in on the waves shown in the blue box. If you highlight one single wave, the program will show an exact measurement.
3. Divide the number one by that measurement. That will give you the frequency of the tone.
4. The Batlabs website has a list of tone frequencies and their corresponding cap codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.