Lubbock, Texas

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I was talking to my nephew who lives in Lubbock, Texas. Around 2:00 am, this date, a drive-by shooting occurred per his account.

I went to the archives and did not find it because it hadn't been posted yet.

I have two question concerning this feed: 1) What is the time delay on the Lubbock PD/FD feed?; 2) I don't know why the Lubbock P25 trunked system page does not show blue highlighted talk groups like it does for HOTRRS in McLennan County, Texas. In other words, I don't see blue hyperlinks for the feed talk groups.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The talkgroup highlighting is only for systems with Broadcastify Calls nodes. Lubbock is not one of them. You're referring to a plain old audio feed, which are archived in 30 minute segments. The latest archive will not appear until the 30 minute time frame for that block has elapsed, and then it's another minute or two before it's actually available to listen to.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroup highlighting is only for systems with Broadcastify Calls nodes. Lubbock is not one of them. You're referring to a plain old audio feed, which are archived in 30 minute segments. The latest archive will not appear until the 30 minute time frame for that block has elapsed, and then it's another minute or two before it's actually available to listen to.

Now, I am very confused. I was able to hear Lubbock PD on Broadcastify. If this is a "plain old audio feed", does this mean HOTRRS has more features since it has these nodes?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
A standard Broadcastify audio feed is a stream from a scanner or other receiver. These have been around for ages. Broadcastify Calls is a newer platform, primarily for trunked systems, where trunked system decoding software can upload the transmissions from multiple talkgroups at the same time to a single "node".

Lubbock has a standard audio feed, not a Calls node.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Now, I am very confused. I was able to hear Lubbock PD on Broadcastify. If this is a "plain old audio feed", does this mean HOTRRS has more features since it has these nodes?
Not more features in and of itself, but a person willing to feed through the calls platform, not from a regular Broadcastify feed, which has more features (in short not HOTRRS but the feeds platform and systems being fed using it, the blue links in the database).

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber