Lubbock

hooten3

Premium Subscriber
In the last few days I can no longer receive any transmissions. I can hear the control frequency "Hiss". I'm wondering if the frequencies have changed or a change in the trunking. I believe the fiscal year started in October so it would make sense if there are changes. However, I haven't seen any posts concerning a change, tower maintenance, ect. Any insights. BTW - I made no changes with my scanner (BCD325P2) - suddenly lost reception even when I would drive around town.

jeffpair

No sir coming in just fine. I have found it helpful to lockout the site I’m on and unlocking another site. Ex. Lock out East tower and try West. Been a lot of activity on Narcom this week.

hooten3

Premium Subscriber
No sir. Thanks for the input. SW Lubbock can be weird at times. But I could always receive when I would get in the car. THe last few days I haven't been able to receive anything.

kv5e

Premium Subscriber
Their simulcast design was not the best, IMHO. They cut corners by trying leverage higher HAAT sites instead of more sites at lower HAAT. Even with extra down tilt and lowered power on the higher sites the delay spread has significant enough ISI to create symbol/clock recovery problems for lesser receivers. A better quality scanner like a SDSx00 could help, but it all depends where you are and where the delay spread is greater.