LWIN Issues

Dufus

Do you have all of the control channel capable frequencies programmed? The site could have switched to an alternate.
Yeah, that's what mine did, I'm next door to Livingston. St Tammany Simulcast switched CC, first time I've noticed that. Added all the CC's to sdr-truck and it picked up the alternate. About 12 hours later it switched back to the regular CC. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. HNY!

D4chaplain

Premium Subscriber
The towers have been going in and out of wide area operations. If they are not in wide ops, only the ones on the tower will hear those on the tower.

red8

Thank you D4. I had the talk groups for state on all the towers statewide and locals on each individual local site like Livingston and Denham on their Parish repeater , so far so good.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
The towers have been going in and out of wide area operations. If they are not in wide ops, only the ones on the tower will hear those on the tower.

This has been happening a lot up north as well. Heard some testing being done so I assume its just regular maintenance but you never know. SDR is the only way to know datawise. Up here most agencies will advise on their channel that the primary site is in "site trunking" so the users are aware but I don't think this is the norm.

As far as the CC's go, always program all CC's at all times. They can and will change at any time for any reason including no apparent reason at all.

D4chaplain

Premium Subscriber
Unless theres a way the consoles can tell them of a site having issues, the only ways i know that someone can find out the site is out of wide area is either the radio says site trunking or recieving an email from thr state with the tower issue.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
SDR comes in handy for this as well.

3-33 has been down for a week. It not only says it's isolated (site trunking, out of wide area, etc), it also says failed. It is not working at all. They brought up one of the mobile trailers (1-98) in response.

This was determined by my laptop in seconds.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 28 2024, 11 01 16 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 28 2024, 11 01 16 AM.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

D4chaplain

Premium Subscriber
That is the marion site. Yea that may be on a mobile trailer for a few.