• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MA/COM EDACS Feature List (Updated List July 25/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApoRadio

Does anyone have an idea what Feature 53 is all about?

Single Key DES started shipping with OMAP Radios sometime around 2013.
It allows you to insert a Single DES key into the PERSONALITY of the raidio so that it can utilize encryption over the air without having to purchase full blown Multiple-Key DES.

The Single Key DES feature is located under Options -> Digital Voice Options within RPM.

If your radio is featured for Single Key but does not, for whatever reason, have the DES module loaded you will need to load the correct Encryption Module.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
That feature does still require the encryption key to be loaded via the key manager software, though, right?

I still can't believe that after all this time, nobody has created stand-alone simple software for loading encryption keys into various radios. A (relatively) simple end run around the cost of keyloaders and complex key management programs that comply with umpteen gazillion federal and security standards and protocols.

I just want to be able to create and load keys into my radio and that's done in software. Someone who writes software that'll do it on the cheap will be a hero to many. And a villain to the big companies that profit excessively off this simple task.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Single key DES is entered via RPM, much like an ADP key in the Moto world.

A much simpler/streamlined KLV package would be very welcome, but I'm sure there would be tons of FIPS concerns etc etc that would never let it happen.

SCPD

QRT
Feature Data on P7200

i seen a radio with feature data 1-2-3 viewed under features list of p7200
What is this how does it differ from feature code

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Radio Feature List (REV P) - 17 Aug 2017

01 Conventional Priority Scan
02 EDACS 3 Site System Scan
03 Public Address
04 EDACS Group Scan
05 EDACS Priority System Scan
06 EDACS/P25 ProScan (ProSound / Wide Area Scan)
07 EDACS/P25 Dynamic Regroup
08 EDACS/P25 Emergency
09 Type 99 Encode and Decode
10 Conventional Emergency
11 RX Preamp
12 Digital Voice
13 VGE Encryption
14 DES Encryption
15 VGS Encryption - User-defined speech encryption
16 EDACS/P25 Mobile Data
17 EDACS/P25 Status/Message
18 EDACS/P25 Test Unit
19 M-RK I Second Bank
20 OpenSky AES Encryption (128-Bit)
21 EDACS Security Key (ESK) / Personality Lock
22 ProFile
23 Narrow Band
24 Auto Power Control
25 OpenSky Voice
26 OpenSky Data
27 OpenSky OTAR
28 OpenSky AES Encryption (256-Bit)
29 ProVoice
30 Limited Feature Expansion (LPE-50/P5100/P5200/M5300)
31 Smart Battery
32 FIPS 140-2
33 P25 Common Air Interface (CAI) – P25 Conventional
34 Direct Frequency Entry
35 P25 Over-The-Air ReKeying (P25 OTAR)
36 Personality Cloning
37 EDACS/P25 AES Encryption (256-Bit)
38 Radio TextLink
39 P25 Trunking
40 700Mhz Only
41 VHF-Low (35-50)
42 VHF-High (136-174)
43 UHF (380-520)
44 700/800 MHz (Dual Band)
45 DES-CFB
46 Vote Scan
47 Phase II TDMA
48 GPS
49 Bluetooth
50 OMAP Wideband Disable
51 MDC1200 Signaling
52 C-TICK Certified Operation
53 Single Key DES
54 Control and Status Services
55 Link Layer Authentication
56 Motorola Multi-Group
57 TSBK on an Analog Channel
58 Unity Wideband Disable
59 eData
60 InBand GPS
61 Encryption Lite (ARC4)

ecarvalho

Greetings. Hope this is the appropriate thread to ask this question.

I have a P7300 I use to listen to a simulcast system which has a mix of Phase 1 and Phase 2 radios. I hear Phase 1 fine but no Phase 2. Reading this thread I learned that feature 47 (phase 2) is disabled in my P7300. I currently have RPM Radio Maintenance software and the main program RPM R10B07. Is there a way I may enable Phase 2 myself and if so is there a text to read and follow or is this something I should not attempt myself?
I appreciate your help.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Greetings. Hope this is the appropriate thread to ask this question.

I have a P7300 I use to listen to a simulcast system which has a mix of Phase 1 and Phase 2 radios. I hear Phase 1 fine but no Phase 2. Reading this thread I learned that feature 47 (phase 2) is disabled in my P7300. I currently have RPM Radio Maintenance software and the main program RPM R10B07. Is there a way I may enable Phase 2 myself and if so is there a text a I read and follow or is this something I should not attempt myself?
I appreciate your help.
No, there is no way to enable this feature yourself without paying for it.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
It's not that expensive of an upgrade. I just purchased Phase II for a radio and it was $250. The expensive one is the P25 trunking, which you already have.

ecarvalho

It's not that expensive of an upgrade. I just purchased Phase II for a radio and it was $250. The expensive one is the P25 trunking, which you already have.

Where can I find people or businesses offering the P2 upgrade? eBay is my first guess...
I will take a look there. I am debating if to wait longer for the G5 phase 2 firmware upgrade or just get the P7300 done...

The other option is build an OP25 linux box - not sure OP25 is decoding phase 2 now-a-days.
Thank you for taking the time responding!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Where can I find people or businesses offering the P2 upgrade? eBay is my first guess...
I will take a look there. I am debating if to wait longer for the G5 phase 2 firmware upgrade or just get the P7300 done...

The other option is build an OP25 linux box - not sure OP25 is decoding phase 2 now-a-days.
Thank you for taking the time responding!
I've purchased Harris upgrades thru Command Communications in Texas and Salem Unlimited Enterprises in California (ranzugliaj@yahoo.com was the contact person).

Status
Not open for further replies.