MacDill AirFest 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
I am going Sunday, I monitor the system on my PRO-106 from time to time. Most of it is encrypted however so I never really bother usually.

USFMD82

If anyone has some frequencies to throw here it looks like last week as Luke the following Freq's were used for the T-birds
Here are a couple frequencies I have found:

235.25-Thunderbird solo
141.175 diamond formation (Validated last week)

Rancehood

Premium Subscriber
I bump this one back to the top, but looking for freqs to for airboss.

Looks like the show is being run by The Air Show Network (Umbrella Entertainment Group), I'm still trying to find freq's for them.

AirBoss is still TBD.

FRS & MURS should very active.

USFMD82

Sorry, I bumped the wrong thread.

Looking forward to hearing what Freqs you get. I am gonna monitor for the Tbird freq s today while at work. Attending the show tomorrow and Sat. Might watch on Sat from the park that is in line with the runway (off base)

Rancehood

Premium Subscriber
I was able to pull all of the Thurnderbird freq's listed under Nellis AFB from the RR database to my 396. I hate typing these in by hand.

US > Nevada > Clark (County) [Las Vegas-Henderson] > Nellis Air Force Base

I'm assuming that they should have a bulk of the freq's that they are going to use.

Rancehood

Premium Subscriber
One thing that is ingesting is that they don't have any modern jet demo's scheduled. In the past you would have a F-15 solo and maybe a B-2 flyby. But everything listed in the schedule short of the skydivers and the heritage flyby is private.

USFMD82

I agree sad to see no single jet demos. I dont know however if the F-4 will be from Tyndall. . I just dusted off my Pro-97 cant find my old Uniden I had. Haven't used this since apparently Tyndall airshow in 2011..

Sorry I dont understand what this means

Rancehood

Premium Subscriber

...is the location within the Radio Reference Database library for the Nellis AFB frequencies.

From the top Menu Bar > DATABASE > Frequency Database > Then from the map you can select Nevada and so on. If you are using a tool like ARC-396 you can connect to the RR Db and pull the frequencies directly into the radio.

Last edited:

USFMD82

Thank you.

I got hits on 141.175 i couldn't make out what was being said but I have it listed as ground.
Diamond seemed to be 235.25 #1 kept saying "solos 050" not sure if he was telling them to go to another freq or what. Anyone else pick any comms up?

Rancehood

Premium Subscriber
Saw on twitter (#tbairfest14) that the solo arrived yesterday, and the rest to follow today.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was able to pull all of the Thurnderbird freq's listed under Nellis AFB from the RR database to my 396. I hate typing these in by hand.

I'm assuming that they should have a bulk of the freq's that they are going to use.

I just saw on another group that there might have been a new TBIRD frequency discovered yesterday, its posted here Military Comms US Airforce Thunderbird Frequencies

He also has some frequencies that were confirmed being used last month while they were in Florida.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

I just compared the RR Nellis list to the Military Comms US Airforce Thunderbird Frequencies list. There Military Comms US Airforce Thunderbird Frequencies has a couple frequencies that have been confirmed as being heard this year that are not on the RR list. You might want to check out both lists.

It has been my experience from listening to many Thunderbird airshows that they only use a couple frequencies during the show that have much in the way of comms on.

Rancehood

Premium Subscriber
I saw that list as well and have have added them to the scan group on my 396. I am trying to monitor from my desk at work but not get much in the way of comms from Pinellas.

Also trying to hunt down the Air Boss.

USFMD82

I think tower is functioning as airboss today for practice 123.7
123.425 was interplane comm

USFMD82

There is a freq thats not documented that they are on that I couldnt catch. A lot of manuevers I couldnt hear on any of the freqs listed at both sites

Status
Not open for further replies.