Maco M105C QUESTIONS

Humblehero666

Here is another suggestion for quickly checking the band(s). You might want to try the NA5B WebSDR Receiver. I know you are located in MA. I am located in MI and use the SDR to check the bands. It's nice when you just want to listen and don't want to fire everything up. The one I listed is in the Washington DC area. However, there are several others that might be nearer to you.

Looking at 10 Meters right now, 1:02 PM local (5:02 PM Z), and find it is completely dead. I heard one SSB station from Australia around 28.444 MHz, but he disappeared quickly. Lower down, on 11 Meters, it is a bit more active, but not much. Very poor audio. As I type this, I am listening to a couple of SSB stations on 7.175 MHz. Very good audio. I think they were both in NJ. Of course, they are both running 1KW, so they should sound good. There were also a couple of CW stations that were very easy to copy.

Good luck.
I put that sdr on and got stuck for almost an hour listening to Japanese broadcast and stuff on 160 meters.

Humblehero666

Update::: The FT840 works with the DXcommander I built. I also purchased a ft 991a which is truly amazing!!! So It turns out without a frequency analyzer of some kind ft840 cant be used with the m105c.