Magnet mount coax question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hi,I was wondering if there is any product that will stop rain from running down a magnet mount antenna coax into a vehicle? Something like a rubber or plastic ring that goes around the coax?

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Do you have it running through the door? Really magmounts are suppose to be for temporary installs but I know a lot of people use them all the time. Is there a way you could route it farther down the trim or to another opening all together? RTV or silicone caulk may work to make a sort of seal but it's not ideal.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I do know about that drip loop thing,but I was looking for some kind of product that could stop the rain or snow from coming into the vehicle.I don't use the mag-mount all the time and it would be nice to use it in bad weather without having to deal with the water.

LtDoc

It all depends on how you get that coax into the car. Do you run it through the door seals? If so, is it possible for you to run it outside of the seals until at the bottom of the door, then through the seals going upward?
- 'Doc

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It all depends on how you get that coax into the car. Do you run it through the door seals? If so, is it possible for you to run it outside of the seals until at the bottom of the door, then through the seals going upward?
- 'Doc

Maybe,I will have to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.