Maine Ten Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgood_d9

Does anyone have a complete Maine ten codes list? And if so Penobscot County? I have a mostly complete list, I just dont have the few blanks that vary from state to state, county to county etc.
I need the following codes:
10-16
10-35
10-67
10-84
10-86
10-87
10-88

If anyone can fill me in on these, it would be greatly appreciated! Especially the 10-16, I seem to be hearing that one alot lately and would like to know what it is, thanks again!

Brian

Digger

Does anyone have a complete Maine ten codes list? And if so Penobscot County? I have a mostly complete list, I just dont have the few blanks that vary from state to state, county to county etc.
I need the following codes:
10-16
10-35
10-67
10-84
10-86
10-87
10-88

If anyone can fill me in on these, it would be greatly appreciated! Especially the 10-16, I seem to be hearing that one alot lately and would like to know what it is, thanks again!

Brian

I have no info on 35 thru 88, they don't seem to be used or maybe they have updated their list. the 2 things I found on 10-16 is first a site on the net that referances "Aircraft Check". the 2nd is "Code 16" that says Traffic Gardner. Would the aircraft speed trap detail make sense when you here that used?

94caprice9c1

I believe 10-16 is a loud party, at least what our local PD's are using in southern Maine. 10-35 is an open door, such as when checking a building for a 10-80, burgular alarm. I believe the higher codes, 84,86,87 and 88, are specific to the local agencies.

fmulder13

10 codes in Maine will often change from department to department, hence Maine's rumored transition to plain language in a few years. For example, 10-35 is a traffic stop for many local departments, but not for State Police and many Sheriff Departments

reedeb

I used to be a dispatcher in Maine and while a lot of 10 codes were used most transmissions were in plain language anyways and was easy to follow along what few 10 codes they used wasn't many NOW if you want ten codes you need to go to South Carolina that's all they use is 10 codes. I would hear as many as 7 10 codes in 1 transmission at a time. [made me wanna shut off the scanner a few times].

Most of the FD's I worked with in maine [or monitored anyways ] used simple languag anyways with the exception of 10-4

Status
Not open for further replies.