Man convicted of stealing radio from a Grenville county Fire department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin_Jay

A man was convicted of having possession of a radio stolen from the Augusta Township Fire Department. in grenville county, ontario. Apparently he was trying to have adjustments made that would have added 16 frequencies to its reception. Including a fire service in the Kingston area.
He was also placed on probation for 18 months and he's barred from possessing any firefighter or police equipment or regalia.

Here is the Article in the Kingston, Whig standard.

Tampering with radio scanner proves man's undoing - The Whig Standard - Ontario, CA

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
A man was convicted of having possession of a radio stolen from the Augusta Township Fire Department. in grenville county, ontario. Apparently he was trying to have adjustments made that would have added 16 frequencies to its reception. Including a fire service in the Kingston area.
He was also placed on probation for 18 months and he's barred from possessing any firefighter or police equipment or regalia.

Here is the Article in the Kingston, Whig standard.

Tampering with radio scanner proves man's undoing - The Whig Standard - Ontario, CA

I love how the media automatically makes any radio in a story a 'scanner'.

Jammin_Jay

I believe the media needs some education on what a radio is, what a radio scanner is, what a transceiver is.
But the gist of the story i was getting at, is that he was tampering with a radio that was assigned to a given frequency for the fire dept. But i do get your point.

Some radio's can be locked out when stolen, so they don't function on a radio system. I don't know what make/model of this radio was.

These stories pop up now and then. Like the guy in Toronto that stole a TPS radio, so he could hear calls for his towing business. Yes radios can be stolen. But whats the point, if you can't get it programmed or to function the way you want, after its zapped or locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.