Manatee county FL going encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpradio7420

Premium Subscriber
I have heard from a few Manatee county sheriffs officers that within the next month that Manatee county will be going fully encrypted does anyone else know anything about that.

sjlamb

I have heard from a few Manatee county sheriffs officers that within the next month that Manatee county will be going fully encrypted does anyone else know anything about that.

Sorta true..... As of 04/27/2010, MCSO has gone to Pro-Voice. Fire, EMS, Misc. Non LEO, Bradenton PD, Holmes Beach PD, Palmetto PD remain in the clear. Not sure yet about LBK PD but, they also appear to remain in the open.

Last edited:
D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

sorta true..... As of 04/27/2010, mcso has gone to pro-voice. Fire, ems, misc. Non leo, bradenton pd, holmes beach pd, palmetto pd remain in the clear. Not sure yet about lbk pd but, they also appear to remain in the open.

see my post and get the answers

SCPD

QRT
Hope there will be a work around like we do for Sarasota digital

Im sure in the future there will be a way just like what happened to sarasota.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
A digital EDACS (ProVoice) system and a digital Motorola system (P25) are two different animals. A fix is not likely around the corner, unfortunately.

All we can do is hope that Manatee hates the performance and doesn't drink any more Kool-Aid.

scg

What about programming a MA/COM radio to receive the Pro Voice? Is this possible?

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
What about programming a MA/COM radio to receive the Pro Voice? Is this possible?

That is probably easier said than done considering that with most radio systems these days the radios have to be associated with the particular system by an administrator.

scg

MSO was told digital would solve there poor radio reception. If you look on there dispatched calls page, there is one complaint after another of radio problems with the new pro voice system. What a waste of tax payers money, as usual, but who do you complain to.

CanesFan95

That is probably easier said than done considering that with most radio systems these days the radios have to be associated with the particular system by an administrator.

Associated with the particular system? Are you referring to auto logins or knowing what radio ID's to program in the radio? It is entirely possible to spend the high $$ dollar on an EDACS portable with software and programming equipment. If you run etrunk you can get all the info you need to program the radio and you can make the radio not auto login so actually the radio ID wouldn't even matter. But I'd rather snarf a valid radio ID with etrunk in case the control channel fishes for fake ID's to shut down illegal radios. Another hurdle is what if the control channel gets ESK'd and of course encryption.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Associated with the particular system? Are you referring to auto logins or knowing what radio ID's to program in the radio? It is entirely possible to spend the high $$ dollar on an EDACS portable with software and programming equipment. If you run etrunk you can get all the info you need to program the radio and you can make the radio not auto login so actually the radio ID wouldn't even matter. But I'd rather snarf a valid radio ID with etrunk in case the control channel fishes for fake ID's to shut down illegal radios. Another hurdle is what if the control channel gets ESK'd and of course encryption.

Nope I am not associated with the particular system. I'm just going by what I have read on this website and from doing research online.

Status
Not open for further replies.