Manchester ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Did a quick search, didn't find anything. I'm trying to download Manchester police and fire, it imports, but all I see is the frequencies, no talk groups numbers? I'm I missing something?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
When you say downloading, do you mean from RR.com or manually programmed?

Also, Manchester Police is encrypted. No listening to them. They have one unencrypted TG, but rarely used.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
From RR, import, and yup on the PD, was looking for the Fire channels, but don't see any talk groups after download, just the channel saying Fire, but nothing for it?

skybug

Premium Subscriber
I have multiple scanners and all programmed either by Freescan, except for my SDS200. I'm trying to download Manchester Fire into my 996P2 unit. I usually don't have any issues with Freescan except this time unless its just downloading anything from RR. I could try the proscan program and see if it programs the talk groups from that program.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I believe that I have seen that FreeSCAN sometimes downloads the incorrect System Type. It should be P25 Standard (Digital XT).

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Ah, ok, seem that I had this issue once before on another one now that you mention that. I'll try it from within Proscan and see what happens. Thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Why not just change the System Type in FreeSCAN? Of course, that will not work if you don't have any talkgroups. By any chance did it download as a conventional system? That could explain why no talkgroups.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please look at my previous post. I added some info since you read it. I can easily put together a FreeSCAN file for you to send to the scenner. You will have to refresh to see it.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a FreeSCAN file for Manchester Fire. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. It is set up on system quick key 1.

Attachments

• Manchester Fire.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 19

skybug

Premium Subscriber
I must be out of range, I did get it programmed into the 996 ok, TG's are listed now, police I know is useless as its scrambled, but the FD TG's are listed and not one hit. I can get pretty far out from my location, was surprised there was not one hit. I see your file, have downloaded it and will use it at some point.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
By chance is all of Manchester encrypted now and not updated here? I know that Nashua is on the PD now and still seeing it stopping on the channel but of course no audio anymore. Might be a possible answer since I haven't gotten anything. Even when the Nashua PD stops the scanner scanning and hangs there for several seconds, it doesn't log that it stopped there at all. I did the above, no attenuator and squelch open with background noise.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Police are encrypted but Fire shows open. The database show that it is a simulcast system. If the system captured the control channel, there would not be any noise with the squelch open. Above the system quick keys on the scanner screen, do you see a frequency or NFM?

skybug

Premium Subscriber
I have it locked on the CC, squelch noise, shows the frequency, NFM (unless I don't have it programmed correctly)

tvengr

Well Known Member
While it is scanning (says ID SCAN), you should see the control channel frequency or NFM. Which one do you see? If it alternates between both, you are having a problem locking to the control channel. What Frequency?

ecps92

Are you trying to hear them from MA ?? Likely too far away
Did a quick search, didn't find anything. I'm trying to download Manchester police and fire, it imports, but all I see is the frequencies, no talk groups numbers? I'm I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.