Manual entry of frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogmeat

Is is possible on the Uniden Home Patrol-2 or BCD436HP to manually input frequencies that are not available
through the normal 'county', 'city' or 'zip code' databases? When i check my county there are a few missing frequencies
i would like to use. Thanks and Regards, Jon

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Is is possible on the Uniden Home Patrol-2 or BCD436HP to manually input frequencies that are not available
through the normal 'county', 'city' or 'zip code' databases? When i check my county there are a few missing frequencies

You can do it directly on the BCD436HP, or do it in Sentinel which is the easiest since you'll have access to a keyboard to input.

Start here:

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual (marksscanners.com)

Dogmeat

Thanks for the quick response, i will take a look at the 'easier to read' manual.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For the 436HP/536HP and SDS series scanners, you can enter frequencies manually into a Favorites list in Sentinel, then send the update to the scanner. For the 436HP/536HP, as well as the SDS100/SDS200, you can manually edit a Favorites list using the scanner's menu to add, or edit, a frequency. As hexagon's already noted, doing this in Sentinel is much easier, especially when trying to enter a text tag. That can be done through the keypad, but takes a lot of patience & keystrokes.

You also can do a manual entry on these scanners, to check for reception on a frequency. With the scanner either receiving, or passing through a conventional system, press the Channel key to hold on a frequency. Enter your prospective frequency, including the decimal point. Now, press the Channel key again (not the E/enter key). You will be holding on the frequency you entered, and can use the scroll knob to move up or down from the frequency you entered. If you press the enter key, the scanner will offer to save the entry into a Quick Save favorites list & department. You could do that, and edit the text tag, plus set audio type (analog or digital (P25, or DMR or NXDN if you have those upgrades). Or, instead of using the default Quick Save, use the menu system to add the frequency to an existing Favorites list/system, or add a new list or system.

For the HP-1 & HP-2, you cannot add a frequency nor edit a Favorites list (or system) manually unless you have the Extreme Upgrade, but you can manually add frequencies, systems, and Favorites lists in Sentinel, then write the updated programming to the scanner. If you have the Extreme Upgrade, press Menu, then Advanced Menu, then Advanced Option, where you can edit a Favorites list to add a frequency to an existing list/system, or add new entries.

Dogmeat

Again many thanks, this forum is awesome. Look forward to further participation in it. :)

Dogmeat

As i hope an easy question: Is the Uniden SDS100 similar to the BCD436HP as far as ease of entering frequencies manually?
And again i appreciate the support.

Dogmeat

OK never mind my question above, reading is fundamental. :) It was answered above by hiegtx. Again i appreciate this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.