MANUAL for BC8500xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1av

I bought a used UNIDEN BC8500xlt off Ebay because I wanted a radio for monitoring mostly aircraft. There were many different models of this particular radio. Well the price was right so I bought it. After I got it, I read alot of reviews and this particular radio got the WORST reviews. But having owned it for over a month I don't find anything negative about it except for practically NO DOCUMENTATION on it anywhere on the web! I thought you had to belong to some kind of secret society to obtain a MANUAL! I was trying to figure out how to program the "search" function and use the "ctcss" and "alpha" options. I eventually did figure it out but apparently these features are not too exciting. The problem with the alpha tag is it does show the alpha numeric names I typed in but not the frequency! And the ctcss I find is not really needed in my area because I only get maybe 1 or 2 distant fire freqs that come in on my local channels when they are quiet sometimes. So anyway in case anyone is interested I found a website that has the manuial for the BC8500xlt in case anyone needs one. However the document is a .pdf and is a little blurry but still basically readable. Here is the LINK to the website:

RadioPics Database - Schematics, Manuals. Etc.

Scroll down to about 1/2 way to middle of page and you will find the radio description and manual link. Hope this helps. Not sure why this manual is so hard to find!

Attachments

• bc8500xltmanual.png
    bc8500xltmanual.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 374
Status
Not open for further replies.