Marine Band Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how I can find the UHF marine band repeater frequency for the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area The national park service can hear the whole lake from Navajo Mountain in Utah.

Anyone know where to search for it? Marine channel 16 156.800 and 22 157.100 must be the input frequencys for it.The call sign is KOJ-780.

jchjr1114

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how I can find the UHF marine band repeater frequency for the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area The national park service can hear the whole lake from Navajo Mountain in Utah.

Anyone know where to search for it? Marine channel 16 156.800 and 22 157.100 must be the input frequencys for it.The call sign is KOJ-780.

those freqs are on VHF marine radio not UHF. marine radio channels are also simplex not repeted.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
probably not a repeater since public US marine freqs are simplex. more than likely they have a base station that is wireline/microwave controlled back to a console/remote.

EDIT: can you verify the Callsign, there are NO listed KOJ7xx licenses in the ULS. all KOJ series appear to be KOJxx not KOJxxx.

Last edited:
So would there be a UHF link. They call hear the whole lake from Navajo Mountain. Our lake is 186 miles long and has 1960 miles of shoreline. I have tried scanning 406-420 mhz with no luck

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/S273) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Found this on RR a while ago.

With the arrival of a lot of warm weather at Lake Mead much more radio traffic is found on marine channels 16 (Calling & Distress) and 17 (Working Incident). Since 156.800 and 157.100 are not easily heard in the Las Vegas valley directly one can often hear what is happening on these channels by monitoring 417.275 for channel 16 and 417.625
for channel 22

These 417.275 and 417.625 frequency's are dead out here.

ecps92

Federal Agencies would not be in the FCC ULS, with a few minor exceptions

probably not a repeater since public US marine freqs are simplex. more than likely they have a base station that is wireline/microwave controlled back to a console/remote.

EDIT: can you verify the Callsign, there are NO listed KOJ7xx licenses in the ULS. all KOJ series appear to be KOJxx not KOJxxx.

I found these online so I know that it is possible for the park service to cross-band the marine band frequencys

Cross-Band Repeater - Lake Mead Area
Marine Units Channel 16 417.330 156.800 417.280 156.800

Marine Units Channel 22 417.630 157.100

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; BREW 3.1.5; en )/800x480 Samsung SCH-U960)

According to my Southwest Frequency Directory 10th Edition (SWFD-10 from ArizonaScanner.com), try 417.375 (Wilson) and 417.275 (East) for VHF 16, and 417.625 (Wilson) and 417.925 (East) for VHF 22A. Also try 411.700 and 412.025 for 16 and 22A respectively, (both on Wilson).

It is possible that they replaced the UHF cross-band links with a microwave relay, so the UHF frequencies may no longer be in use.

John

bs369

Premium Subscriber
Marine band repeater

At one time the USCG had a repeater for 156.800 VHF-FM on the Delaware Memorial bridge. This provided coverage for the entire Delaway bay and river and could be heard at quite a distance. After project 21 came into being I believe this has been continued. Much earlier I was the CPO in charge at the CG Radio Station at Cape May. (NMK) I've since picked that up as a vanity call for my ham radio c/s, N4NMK....

Hooligan

At one time the USCG had a repeater for 156.800 VHF-FM on the Delaware Memorial bridge. This provided coverage for the entire Delaway bay and river and could be heard at quite a distance. After project 21 came into being I believe this has been continued. Much earlier I was the CPO in charge at the CG Radio Station at Cape May. (NMK) I've since picked that up as a vanity call for my ham radio c/s, N4NMK....

Do you know the difference between a repeater and a remote base?

bs369

Premium Subscriber
Marine band repeater

Correct my previous post. It should have read, "after project 21 came into being it has been discontinued".

hill

Premium Subscriber
The USCG doesn’t have repeaters on channel 16 (156.800 Mhz). Like Hooligan said these are remote bases. Under Rescue 21 they are remoted by a dedicated phone line at least the ones in my area. The one with the microwave link is gone is my local Sector. The CG Sectors areas are very large and one antenna and transmitter can’t receive the whole area.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber

That repeater used to be heard all over South Jersey, Deleware & SE PA. I beleive it was 171.34 which is amazing i remember that....um 25 years ago.

Good luck searching.

Vince

bs369

Premium Subscriber
Marine band repeater

Good memory, Vince. I couldn't remember the actual frequency. It really helped us at CG Radsta Cape May/NMK to monitor that area for distress calls as there was a section of the upper bay and the Delaware river that was pretty much a dead spot for channel 16. We shared a spot on the bridge with the Pilots association who also had a repeater there.

bs369

Premium Subscriber
Marine Band repeater

I don't know whether or not the CG has repeaters on 156.800 NOW, but up until my retirement in 74 as a CWO (Communications) they did have repeaters for channel 16. Group New York also had one with the output somewhere In the 17X.XX region. Project 21 completely changed the VHF setup the CG had prior.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Shared A Spot On The Bridge?

Good memory, Vince. I couldn't remember the actual frequency. It really helped us at CG Radsta Cape May/NMK to monitor that area for distress calls as there was a section of the upper bay and the Delaware river that was pretty much a dead spot for channel 16. We shared a spot on the bridge with the Pilots association who also had a repeater there.

Bridge? Do you mean the Deleware Memorial Bridge? I was told that was where the repeater was mounted.....what an awesome place to mount an antenna......so high, a ground coupling like no tomorrow between all the steel and then placed over top of water. It doesnt get much better than that.b

I would be curious to know how much power was coming out of the Xmit side. An 8-10 db gain antenna and the height that rig had would take 25 watts & probably cover 3 states.

Briefly off topic: you are taking me down memory lane here......I used to have my boat docked directly across from the C.G. base there in Cape May. Lots of good memories for me, but now a Floridian for 18 years.

Vince
73 de KI4VBR sk

bs369

Premium Subscriber
Marine band repeater

I should have stated that it was the Delaware Memorial bridge. In New York, If memory serves, Group NYK had one on the GW bridge for 16.

(Off topic) stay in FL, Vince. After I retired from the NJ Marine Police we moved from Cape May to Ft Myers....later moved to Harrington, De...Sure do miss FL...

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
That repeater used to be heard all over South Jersey, Deleware & SE PA. I beleive it was 171.34 which is amazing i remember that....um 25 years ago.

Good luck searching.

Vince

That was a great repeater. I still have it in one of my radios programmed in there (Bc235). 171.3375 to be precise.
Believe it or not I heard it on a regular basis up here in Ct.
Bob

widgget

Does the maritime band allow for repeater use? I have a small lake in upstate NY that has a CG Aux flotilla that would like to be able to talk directly with CG NY Regional in Staten Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.