Marshall Co Fire - 152.21 PL 91.5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm listening to a fire dispatch and comms on 152.21 PL 91.5 right now. It's either Marshall Co or it's another surrounding co and units from fire departments in Marshall Co are responding.

Would appreciate if those of you down in Marshall Co area plug in 152.21 PL 91.5 and let us know if you pinpoint who is using that.

I'm hearing Marshall and one other county, probably Wetzel. It sounded like they said they were going to "the intersection of Burch Ridge and Rines Ridge" (not sure about burch or rines). They also talked about "St Joes" - i'm guessing St. Josephs settlement area. I heard mention of "Grandviews tanker"

This is either a repeater output or a simulcast/patch of some other frequency, as I'm hearing dispatch and mobiles equally as clear from up here in Jefferson Co Ohio.

mike

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is definitely a Marshall Co Fire Control frequency and appears to mimic that which can be heard on 154.385.

The difference for me [quite a ways north of Marshall Co] is that I can hear 152.21 with an attenuator on, and I can barely hear 154.385 with the attenuator off. So my guess is that probably 152.21 is designed to cover Northern Marshall up into Ohio Co. Same PL (91.5) as 154.385 as well. I heard a dispatch out today from Marshall Co Fire Control.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is an odd freq for Public safety, normally this is taxi territory isn't?

Indeed - taxi / paging. But, in particular a local radio shop (possibly Lauttamus) appears to be using paging spectrum up and down the river for business / public safety freqs.

Aside from this frequency, up here in Jefferson Co Ohio and over in Brooke/Hancock/Ohio Cos there are 152.12 (business), 152.15 (business), 152.285 / 157.545 (school buses), 152.03 (hancock co so - same output as their main 155.64), 158.61 (trash haulers), etc.

So I wouldn't be surpised if there were more I don't know about in the upper ohio valley.

mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There _probably_ is no mobile input to this. Marshall appears to be doing what Hancock Co SO is doing, and that is - it appears the output from their main SO freq (155.64) is also being transmitted on 152.03 - similar in fashion to how what appears to be happening down in Marshall with their main Fire Control freq being output on 152.21 as well.

Mike

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
There _probably_ is no mobile input to this. Marshall appears to be doing what Hancock Co SO is doing, and that is - it appears the output from their main SO freq (155.64) is also being transmitted on 152.03 - similar in fashion to how what appears to be happening down in Marshall with their main Fire Control freq being output on 152.21 as well.

Mike

If there were, it might be 158.6700, which I recall is the is the normal mobile freq associated with 152.2100.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If there were, it might be 158.6700, which I recall is the is the normal mobile freq associated with 152.2100.

I never gave it a thought about their being matched pairs in that particular spectrum. Since you gave me that pair I Googled and found the chart of likely other ones. For each one I hear down on 152 I'll enter in the equivalent high side and see if they are adhering to this plan.

Thanks for the tip!

Mike

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
I never gave it a thought about their being matched pairs in that particular spectrum. Since you gave me that pair I Googled and found the chart of likely other ones. For each one I hear down on 152 I'll enter in the equivalent high side and see if they are adhering to this plan.

Thanks for the tip!

Mike

Yeh, VHF highband is not known for having a standard input for a repeater. But the old RCC and IMTS channels (and the old taxi cab allocations in the 152 MHz segment) all do (well... did, at least...).

I still remember my RCC mobile phone from the late 70s. It had a whopping two channels on which I could dial my own numbers (using the SMART protocol), or I could flip over to Channel 1 and talk to the operator PTT. My neighbor, the real estate agent, was definitely the coolest, though: He had an IMTS phone in his big white Corvette Stingray back in the early 70s. It was a monsterous thing with a rotary dial (!) remote control head (a Mastr II, maybe?). Tres chic.

...R

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So far this appears to simulcast the output of 154.385. I think this is just an additional output. No idea why. Copied same traffic on both Marshall Co 154.385 Fire Dispatch and this odd freq today.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I see that the Marshall Co DB has been updated to include 152.21. However, I don't believe it Benwood Fire Dept. Well, if the repeater belongs to Benwood Fire Dept, then it is repeating all Marshall County Fire Control traffic heard on the simplex 154.385 frequency.

152.21 is the same thing that is heard on 154.385 (Marshall County Fire Control), only repeated. 154.385 is a simplex frequency. From my location, if a call comes in on 152.21 and I switch to 154.385, I hear the same exact thing from Marshall County Fire Control. For mobiles, because of my location, I can't always hear the mobiles (but I can sometimes). And that simplex mobile traffic on 154.385 is heard much better on 152.21.

So I'm tending to believe that 152.21 (PL 91.5) is a repeater output that is repeating everything on 154.385 from Marshall County Fire Control.

I I am hearing dispatches from Marshall County Fire Control for Fire as well as EMS (such as Cameron).

Although, if it were me, I wouldn't necessarily replace the 154.385 entry. I'd listen to them both. 152.21 doesn't appear to necessarily hear _all_ of the 154.385 traffic to repeat it.

152.21 154.385 RM 91.5 PL Marshall Co Fire Control
154.385 154.385 BM 91.5 PL Marshall Co Fire Control

That's probably how it should be listed in the DB. Incidentally, they are dispatching Fire and at least some EMS on those frequencies.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.