BC95XLT: Maybe dumb Question, scanner not receiving certain transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

Any other ideas ?
Set the squelch to zero so that you can hear the noise and then transmit with the HT. Do you hear the noise disappear or you still hear the noise or some new interference type of sound?

When you transmit the noise should be replaced with a clean carrier and you should be able to hear yourself talking into the HT.

Use test frequencies that correspond to the bandplan. I guess it's standard 25KHz steps so 462.425Mhz and 462.450MHz and 462.475Mhz .....

/Ubbe

ecps92

try this put in
462.6125 in both radios, see what you get.
If nothing, try 467.6125 in the Scanner Only, see what you get

I did the test GROL mentioned. No go.
The HTs are listed on the box as analog.
I don't understand this.
If I put in 462.233 into the HT 462.23375 comes up.
So on the scanner I input 462.233 as I said nothing even with antenna off. So I tried 462.234 which I don't think is an actual frequency because you can not out that into an HT w/o it going to 462.23475
Also CC did not turn anything up. Any other ideas ?
If I ever find a solution I'll let you know.
Thanks

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I did the test GROL mentioned. No go.
The HTs are listed on the box as analog.
I don't understand this.
If I put in 462.233 into the HT 462.23375 comes up.
So on the scanner I input 462.233 as I said nothing even with antenna off. So I tried 462.234 which I don't think is an actual frequency because you can not out that into an HT w/o it going to 462.23475
Also CC did not turn anything up. Any other ideas ?
If I ever find a solution I'll let you know.
Thanks
Explain this.... Last time I looked, 460MHz to 470Mhz was Public Safety, Business and industrial only. Unless something has changed, there's no HAM band in there and the UV3 is supposedly HAM bands only. Plus, the uplink is +5 Mhz to the reception frequency. The HT would transmit on 465-470 but receive on 460-465 in duplex mode (repeater mode) All radios that I have used in that band (and yes, many years ago) were all duplex.

JimboConn

Explain this.... Last time I looked, 460MHz to 470Mhz was Public Safety, Business and industrial only. Unless something has changed, there's no HAM band in there and the UV3 is supposedly HAM bands only. Plus, the uplink is +5 Mhz to the reception frequency. The HT would transmit on 465-470 but receive on 460-465 in duplex mode (repeater mode) All radios that I have used in that band (and yes, many years ago) were all duplex.

It's a uv 5x3 ...so is it because it is in duplex mode? That I would not be able to hear the transmission on a scanner ?
Why I started transmitting as test on or around the above mentioned is because I thought that was the or a frequency that standard cobra two radios use.

JimboConn

try this put in
462.6125 in both radios, see what you get.
If nothing, try 467.6125 in the Scanner Only, see what you get
You cannot enter that into the scanner....only 467.612 it will not except a 7th digit.
Does that matter?

donc13

Premium Subscriber
The UV 5x3 claims it's a Ham band only according to BaoFeng. 450MHZ - 470MHz does not have a ham band in there. UHF Ham band is 430MHz to 450MHz

BTECH UV-5X3 5 Watt Tri-Band Radio : VHF, 1.25M, UHF, Amateur (Ham), Includes Dual Band Antenna, 220 Antenna, Earpiece, Charger, and More Two-Way Radio

JimboConn

Set the squelch to zero so that you can hear the noise and then transmit with the HT. Do you hear the noise disappear or you still hear the noise or some new interference type of sound?

When you transmit the noise should be replaced with a clean carrier and you should be able to hear yourself talking into the HT.

/Ubbe

So Ecps92 mentioned 467.6125
this did do something differently it just barely broke the squelch...I mean just barely noticeable, it didn't go clear but there was a slight interference...my question is: this did not happen before on the other ones ...and also with a transmission this close why is there not a noticable click and/or clearing of squelch ? The scanner picks up other much more distance transmissions no problem. Maybe to do with the first mentioned concerns of the radios being too close. But I'm surprised even tapping and releasing the transmit button quick, which is clearly audible click on other HT ...did not register at all or barely in this last case on 467.6125. ecps22 this is FRS channel, any other reasons you listed this freq.?

Ubbe

this did do something differently it just barely broke the squelch...I mean just barely noticeable, it didn't go clear but there was a slight interference...
It has to be a frequency problem when you get that result in the audio, that you transmit on an offset duplex frequency to the one that are displayed on the HT radio.

Can you check the programming of the HT's if there's a duplex offset being used? All your findings seem to give the result that the scanners frequency and the HT's are not in sync.

/Ubbe

ecps92

Suggested thinking your radio was defaulting to a +5 mhz off set
Right now, if it heard something, I am still thinking you are overloading your scanner

Try it again with the radio in a different room
So Ecps92 mentioned 467.6125
this did do something differently it just barely broke the squelch...I mean just barely noticeable, it didn't go clear but there was a slight interference...my question is: this did not happen before on the other ones ...and also with a transmission this close why is there not a noticable click and/or clearing of squelch ? The scanner picks up other much more distance transmissions no problem. Maybe to do with the first mentioned concerns of the radios being too close. But I'm surprised even tapping and releasing the transmit button quick, which is clearly audible click on other HT ...did not register at all or barely in this last case on 467.6125. ecps22 this is FRS channel, any other reasons you listed this freq.?

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative

The 462.6125 frequency mentioned is GMRS. Granted, not ham, but also not business or PS.

Regardless, if this is a ham band HT try it in the ham band.

Status
Not open for further replies.