memory left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terp

had this radio 2 days (gre 500) when I received radio had 78% memory, I now have 31% and 1100 contacts, and haven't heard that first word come out of this radio. I'm doing something wrong. can I delete stuff so memory can get back up to a normal range, I'm not hitting these buttons in the right order. I'll keep playing around and try to figure it out. on the bottom right Allen keeps coming up in the v-folder when I do a scan, I don't know where Allen came from but he did appear. I have 3 weeks to try and understand this and hear somebody talking, if I don't in 3 weeks I can ship back (30 day return) I would only loose $100.00 for the preprograming they did.
If this thing had a return button instead of a yes or no maybe I wouldn't be in such a mess. when I would hit either yes or no maybe thats how Mr Allen appeared, at least with a return I could study my choices a bit better before I click yes or no. I'll keep plugging away.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
1) Don't worry about memory
2) Don't touch v-folders yet
3) What are you trying to hear?
4) How are you programming the radio?
5) What frequencies are you putting in the radio?

Terp

scanner master pre-programed
1-clinton co. DTRS
2-clinton co. Conventional
3-tippecanoe DTRS
4-tippecanoe Conventional
5-tippecanoe TRS
6-In ISP DTRS
I'm just trying to scan right now, no programming yet
I have not tried to put frequencies in yet.
maybe I need to hook up software and download driver (usb) and go from there, yes?
the book that came with radio said on page 5 Using the Pre-programmed data follow instructions below. I did and messed up some where along.

Status
Not open for further replies.