memphis Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimhw1893

I live in the very southern most corner of the New Allen precinct
and dont want to listen to all of the new allen station just my ward
and maybe one other ward
this is probably the largest station and it is two much to listen to especially
when you are on the fringe (one block from Union boundary)
I guess the question is how do I get just a small area if it is possible

asdfg

I am assuming you have digital equipment? You could try to narrow down the talk groups and see if that helps.

jimhw1893

memphis frequencies

using a 396t so digital is not a problem I will try and reduce the talkgroups
to see I can narrow it down, the large old allen precinct is just to much to try to keep
up with my residence is just on the border of Union and Old Allen
so listening to both is very busy

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
All you need to do is lockout the talkgroups that you don't want to listen to. So, if you only want to listen to Union, then have that talkgroup as the only active, unlocked talkgroup, and lockout all the others.

Gatorman

Mpd

Maybe you are scanning the entire system????? If so, it is time to pull out the manual and learn how to program in the talk groups for each precinct, etc. That way, you can scan only ones you want to listen to or just one. You can tag them with actual names so you don't have to try and remember the TG numbers. Are you there yet???????

Doing it with the software is easier in some respects. However, I have found the Uniden software to be a pain in the ass. By the time you figure out all the eccentricities of it, you could have done it manually.

In any case, this is the answer to your problem. Program the talk groups and only listen to the ones you want to hear.

jimhw1893

memphis frequencies

I know how to turn off and on the different systems and talkgroups what I am
trying to do is trying to listen to only a part of a talkgroup I dont wont the entire
old allen precinct only the ward cars in my area, it may not be possible to do this
and I may have to listen to the entire talkgroup. The precincts are broken down into
wards and that is what I am trying to accomplish if possible.

regression

I know how to turn off and on the different systems and talkgroups what I am
trying to do is trying to listen to only a part of a talkgroup I dont wont the entire
old allen precinct only the ward cars in my area, it may not be possible to do this
and I may have to listen to the entire talkgroup. The precincts are broken down into
wards and that is what I am trying to accomplish if possible.

You can't just listen to one ward. On this system, talk group = precinct, so the "lowest" level you can listen to is at the precinct level, not the ward level.

Status
Not open for further replies.