Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nhp

Search and Rescue Crews Find Injured Man in Desert
KREX News Room
Matt Kroschel

Story Created: May 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM MDT

Story Updated: May 16, 2011 at 10:56 PM MDT
Grand Junction - Calls for help force search and rescue teams into action to rescue a mountain biker who crashed in the desert. Search and rescue teams searched for several hours Monday night to find the injured biker. There were some tense moments as close to a dozen search and rescue crew members scanned the desert near 29 Road looking for the victim.

The search began at around 7:00 pm after the man did not come home from the ride and his family called 911 to report him missing.

Search crews used all terrain vehicles to search the rugged terrain after they found his vehicle near 29 Road.

Mesa County Sheriff's officials tell us training and good communication were key to the successful operation.

Due to the remoteness and difficult terrain, CareFlight was dispatched to the scene. Search and rescue crews set up a command post and used computers to help pinpoint the man's location.

There is good news on the man's condition. NewsChannel 5 has learned that his injuries are not life-threatening.

Search and Rescue Crews Find Injured Man in Desert | KREX - News, Weather, Sports for Grand Junction | Montrose | Glenwood Springs - Coverage You Can Count On | Around the Region

Bruce

kenn_moses

Premium Subscriber
Good story, Bruce. I heard some of that action on my analog scanner last evening. Glad it turned out well for the injured rider and his family. I ride my mountain bike out in that area too.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.