MESA PD SCANNER LISTENERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxHammerAZ

Good evening everyone! My name is Steven, I am 32 years old from Mesa, Arizona and I am brand new to this forum and very new to the hobby of listening to police scanners.

I have been looking to talk/ connect with other people in my area who also enjoy listening to our local police scanner and discuss.

I will leave this thread here as an "Introduction," and a place for Mesa Locals to post

eg153wftx

Good evening everyone! My name is Steven, I am 32 years old from Mesa, Arizona and I am brand new to this forum and very new to the hobby of listening to police scanners.

I have been looking to talk/ connect with other people in my area who also enjoy listening to our local police scanner and discuss.

I will leave this thread here as an "Introduction," and a place for Mesa Locals to post
Howdy, well lets start out with what type of scanners you have and what do you listen to ?

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber

Hey welcome aboard. I also listen to the PD and Fire on the Mesa system. Caught a good house fire in Gilbert last night.

XxHammerAZ

Howdy, well lets start out with what type of scanners you have and what do you listen to ?

I just listen to "Police Scanner" App on the smartphone right now. I have only been listening to the scanner for about a month or so now. I am very new to this hobby and would definitely like to read into and perhaps invest in a real scanner/radio.... Do you have any suggestions for a newbie?

Hey welcome aboard. I also listen to the PD and Fire on the Mesa system. Caught a good house fire in Gilbert last night.

I did not hear the Fire in Mesa but I did hear about a Black Male who had shootout with Phoenix PD around 3-4am this morning. That was pretty interesting.

It is crazy how many of their calls deal with mental health! never would have thought that prior to listening in.

Thank you both for the Welcome! I look forward to digging deeper into this forum when I get a little bit more time! I have a baby coming in November and have until the end of the month to finish moving into our new apartment so it is a bit chaotic of a time!! I will check back regularly.

XxHammerAZ

9/21/2020 approx. 3am- I do not know the resolution of the matter, which is typical, but was a pretty interesting incident around 3-4am Monday morning involving a Black Male who fired at Phoenix PD and Phoenix PD returned fire. Last I heard the suspect had gotten away from police and no air units were available to assist.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I just listen to "Police Scanner" App on the smartphone right now. I have only been listening to the scanner for about a month or so now. I am very new to this hobby and would definitely like to read into and perhaps invest in a real scanner/radio.... Do you have any suggestions for a newbie?

I did not hear the Fire in Mesa but I did hear about a Black Male who had shootout with Phoenix PD around 3-4am this morning. That was pretty interesting.

It is crazy how many of their calls deal with mental health! never would have thought that prior to listening in.

Thank you both for the Welcome! I look forward to digging deeper into this forum when I get a little bit more time! I have a baby coming in November and have until the end of the month to finish moving into our new apartment so it is a bit chaotic of a time!! I will check back regularly.

If your using one of the police scanner apps give Broadcastify Calls a try. Just found out about it a couple of weeks ago, very cool. Can create your own scan lists from a bunch of different feeds, you can select which departments and channels to scan and hold on a channel of interest. Broadcastify Calls

XxHammerAZ

Thank you for the link! I just checked it out and was comparing it to my current app and that Broadcastify is actually Live, whereas my app appears to always be on about a 60-70 second delay. Very cool! When I am in the house, I will make sure to use that link instead of running off my phone. I will also have to look into messing with that whole "custom playlist," thing.

I love when I hear calls about my neighbors lol

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Just a question, is Broadcastify Calls a separate app from the regular Broadcastify app? I loaded the Broadcastify app into my phone couple weeks ago, but could not find Calls on there.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Just a question, is Broadcastify Calls a separate app from the regular Broadcastify app? I loaded the Broadcastify app into my phone couple weeks ago, but could not find Calls on there.

Yes Broadcastify Calls is separate from the Broadcastify App for Android and Apple. There is no app for Broadcastify Calls just the website. I believe there are plans to merge the two in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.