Metro Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokediver61

Feed Provider
I can pick NFD up with my home patrol 1 if i am in nashville its self but if i am in hendersonville then i will not pick them up. That just blows my mind as to why it will pick metro up everytime in davidson county but not in sumner right across the line.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Slatescan, (David) picks up the Metro system with some success in Hendersonville. Its all in the combination of location, elevation, weather etc... With an P25 system, the slightest distance variations can throw off reception with scanners. If you can get an outdoor antenna, 15 to 30 foot up in the air, preferably an yagi aiming directly towards Nashville, you will have much better results. Plus the system is using directional focus to keep as much of the signal as possible aiming into Davidson County. As for an earlier statement about the Analog system being gone, only System A was off lined. System B is still very much alive and functioning. This was verified last night by David with Unitrunker, and by actually monitoring. Until all the NES, and Public Works users are completely over on the P25, System B will be on, as well as an emergency fall back if they need it for a little while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.