MFJ-945C question

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4XED

A few days ago I received a used MFJ-945C tuner from a seller on the QTH classifieds (had good feedback). When I took a closer look at it, I noticed that someone had modified it. It looks like someone had installed a power supply port. I asked the seller about it, and he said he never noticed it (he purchased it used himself) and that he had used the tuner a few times with no issues.
I have a limited knowledge of the innards of tuners, so I took some pics of the modifications. Can anyone tell by the images what was done to it?

Appreciate any input, and thanks.

Attachments

• mfj945 3.jpg
    mfj945 3.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 31
  • mfj945 2.jpg
    mfj945 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 28
  • mfj945 1.jpg
    mfj945 1.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 24

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Looking closer, that looks like the standard SWR sensor that would connect to the front panel meter, so not an aftermarket add on.

The power plug on the back is likely for the meter lamp. Looks a bit hacked, but a few of the MFJ products I used to have sometimes looked like it had been put together by someone in a rush.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The current version MFJ 945E, has an illuminated meter, a power switch on the front to control the meter lamp, and a coaxial 12 VDC power connector on the back.

I'll jump the conclusion that a previous owner wanted to add illumination to his 945C, so he hacked a lamp into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.