Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

domyers

Premium Subscriber
I show 274.2 as Clinch Control (Dam Neck) - not sure how old that listing is

73/Allen (N4JRI)
You may want to add 377.525. Caught a flight of two a2a going into Langley on Thursday 10/5. Didn't catch their call so I am not sure they were F-22s.

Also caught RED-EYE 11 going into KACY same day. 379.80 a2a. CO ANG F-16s?
Dan
Horsham, Pa

john8436

I think the 177th FW is scheduled for Southeast Asia deployment.. Picking up the gear? Hopefully they have better tanker luck than the DM A-10,s did.
Last week heard Colorado ANG F-16 land at A/C. Possible joint ANG deployment?
1747 Local, RCH663 (C17A, 08-8190, 437th AW) departed ACY enroute to EGAA Belfast. I guess the first stop for them.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Updated Week Ahead Guidance for POTUS, based on event in DC on Saturday it's looking like another weekend at the Whitehouse.

Friday, October 13, 2023

The President will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Saturday, October 14, 2023

The President and the First Lady will deliver remarks at the 2023 Human Rights Campaign National Dinner in Washington, DC.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Politico is reporting a surge in arms supplies to Israel. "Planes have already taken off". Looking for a C-17 bridge to form over the Atlantic.

Will take a while for USAF to setup Atlantic Air bridge but commercial guys can do in a pinch right away.
Most cargo US fly's to Poland in support of Ukraine are on commercial cargo B-747 flights.
USAF C-17/C-5M aircraft do best on oversize rolling cargo...

Here comes Israeli B-744 into Dover AFB tonight. Dover is a big cargo hub for the Mil of many countries.
CAL Cargo Airways tail XL-ICA B744 callsign YDN-100.

YDN100 Flight Tracking and History 09-Oct-2023 (TLV / LLBG-KDOV) - FlightAware

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Also caught RED-EYE 11 going into KACY same day. 379.80 a2a. CO ANG F-16s?
Dan
Horsham, Pa
Rgr Dan heard that callsign also into A/C.Pilot was unfamiliar with area as I posted.
Possible split squad deployment coming up? A lot of the ANG F-16 units have been doing this lately on the
routine 3 month rotation deployments to Al-Udeid.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 9, 2023

WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR THE
WEEK OF OCTOBER 10, 2023 – OCTOBER 13, 2023

On Wednesday, October 11, the Vice President will travel to Charleston Air Force Base/International Airport, Charleston, SC.

On Thursday, October 12, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will travel to Harry Reid International Airport Las Vegas, NV. Later, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will travel to Los Angeles, CA.

domyers

Premium Subscriber
Rgr Dan heard that callsign also into A/C.Pilot was unfamiliar with area as I posted.
Possible split squad deployment coming up? A lot of the ANG F-16 units have been doing this lately on the
routine 3 month rotation deployments to Al-Udeid.
Seeing a post on another list, I am wondering if the 377.525 a2a at Langley was also CO ANG F-16s? I heard it around the same time I heard the REDEYE's going into ACY.
Dan
K3NXX

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
From the Wall Street Journal at noon ET:

The U.S. may deploy a second aircraft carrier near Israel, U.S. defense officials said, an escalation of the U.S. military effort to deter regional powers from joining the war between Hamas and Israel.
The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and its accompanying ships were scheduled months ago to sail this week for the Middle East. They are expected to reach the Middle East in roughly two weeks, defense officials said.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
From the Wall Street Journal at noon ET:

The U.S. may deploy a second aircraft carrier near Israel, U.S. defense officials said, an escalation of the U.S. military effort to deter regional powers from joining the war between Hamas and Israel.
The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and its accompanying ships were scheduled months ago to sail this week for the Middle East. They are expected to reach the Middle East in roughly two weeks, defense officials said.
"The Pentagon is considering, but hasn't formally decided, whether the Eisenhower would relieve the Ford or both groups would remain, defense officials said." U.S. Weighs Deploying Second Aircraft Carrier Group

Status
Not open for further replies.