Mid-County Fire Dept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

Anyone know where Mid-County Fire Dept is located?

I am hearing them toned out on 155.490 to respond to "Darrel's House" to remove a tree blocking the road. Dispatch is also answering units with designators in the 600's.

thanks!

ham612

Hi,
Was kind of surprised to see my dept come up on the forum subject list. We're a rural department located in between Westville and Stilwell in central Adair county. The main station is located in Baron, OK and we have a secondary station in the Peavine community. We are paged out on 155.490 and use the same for operations. We have are about 20 active firefighters.

With all the heavy wind last night, a large tree was toppled and was blocking one of the roads in Baron (about ¾ mile east of OK59). It was right in front of the house of one of our board members so when “Darrell’s house” was referenced, we had a pretty good idea of where were headed (you know how rural directions are J ).

I take it you were in the area during all the excitement, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s actually spring and I just slept thru fall and winter.
If you need any other info about MCFD or the area in general, just let me know.

Matt S.

ps - 220 W Division St, Stilwell, OK 74960
is old info, the address is Rt2 Box127 Westville, OK

car2back

Yeah, I heard it from Skiatook, OK (15 miles NW of Tulsa) on my console at work. I hear Wagoner Co pretty often toning FDs on 490, but never heard Mid-County go out before!

pretty cool man!

oh, and by the way, I am MCFD 512 (Morgans Corner Fire Dept)

Last edited:

ham612

Ah...I see said the blind man.

Actually I had suspected that or something similar after I had already posted. I was thinking of it in a Storm spotter/chaser mode and hadn't thought of it in other terms until later. It also sounds like I missed another band opening :-0

Both Westville and Adair county will page us out. County has a remote base paging system with the antenna installation on Davis Mountain in Stilwell and has better coverage than Westville's paging system. I'll have to find out which facility handled the call.

BTW...Westville FD also uses 155.490 for paging.

73 and good monitoring to all,
MS

car2back

ham612 said:
...Westville FD also uses 155.490 for paging....

So Westville doesn't use 154.265? (that's what is in the database, just wondering if it's acurate)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.