Middlesex Paramedic Units

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I know this talking about valley but does anybody know for Middlesex hospital paramedic ambulance units what frequencies do they use? Are they on VHF or did they also move over to the state system like the EMT medics paramedic This might get moved to another thread.

MarkB513

And if you listen to Middletown's System in search mode, both those talk groups are almost always monitorable as an affiliated 65XXX talk group. Yes, they always change, but in search mode, it doesn't matter. Also, Duram, E Haddam, Middlefield fire ops and a few others. The only thing is any Middletown talk groups you don't want to hear (such as encrypted PD or Public Works) need to be programmed and then locked out, so it skips over them. This is on a Uniden scanner. I can't receive the "I" or "F" system from Cheshire, so this works out well for me.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
I know this talking about valley but does anybody know for Middlesex hospital paramedic ambulance units what frequencies do they use? Are they on VHF or did they also move over to the state system like the EMT medics paramedic This might get moved to another thread.

Not sure if this is one in the same but I do hear valley shore calling Middlesex ambulance 14 on the Middlesex FD CLMRN TG quite a bit

brndnstffrd

Middlesex Ambulance 14 is Durham's ambulance, formerly known as 14-4 before Middlesex took over. They still typically operate on Durham's talkgroup for regular in-town responses.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Middlesex Ambulance 14 is Durham's ambulance, formerly known as 14-4 before Middlesex took over. They still typically operate on Durham's talkgroup for regular in-town responses.

Thanks for clearing that up I don’t hear very much from that site but it does come In from time to time I mainly monitor troop E

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Next time I see an ambulance I’ll take a picture and put it on here I know this has nothing to do it valley sure but just let you guys know I seen communication guys up on a tower. In Colechester, I just don’t remember the street name. I was told that it state police tower. They may be putting new cable lines in.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Kind of off topic but in the Middlesex county area,
Does anyone know if CVH Police/Fire ops have any plans to transition from lowband to the TRS?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I think CVH Fire is shut down, I recall something several years ago that they were being eliminated.
CVH PD is on a TG on the Middletown system.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I haven't been in the area in years, but I occasionally go up there for photography and will put it in my scanner. Thanks for the info

55engine

Premium Subscriber
OK so they’re still using the VHF but I was also wondering if Middlesex ambulance are they on the same frequency I will keep my eyes open for an ambulance and I will take a picture

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Middlesex health ambulance is what it says I was wondering if those units what radio system are they on? I’m trying to send a picture but it’s failed

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
Middlesex Hospital took over (not sure if that’s worded correctly as I don’t know how the deal was made) or should I say now provides the ambulance service for the town of Durham.
Makes sense that they are on CLMRN Durham talk group.

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are all still 19912xx/42xx radios, Middlesex Hospital EMS. You will also see them on the Middletown TRS using the same RIDs

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
I would have to go back and look but I do remember when the MS Medic comes from Middletown I believe the radio ID starts with 199 I have other MS medics with a different beginning to their radio ID. Again I would have to go back and look I have them all programmed in my G4 to see rather than the radio number.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I think CVH Fire is shut down, I recall something several years ago that they were being eliminated.
CVH PD is on a TG on the Middletown system.
CVH Fire Brigade has been disbanded since 2012. They used to operate with a chief, two or three full timers and the rest was made up with state personnel from CVH. South Fire District covers all fire / EMS runs with Hunters / Hartford Healthcare as the transport. Middlesex Hospital medics have the R-5 still if I'm not mistaken.