Milair Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to milair monitoring and need some help on current frequencies used in the Hudson Valley NY area. I have been searching for a few hours now and most of the information I found was outdated. So far I have Stewart Airport, Boston ARTCC UHF freqs, NY ARTCC UHF freqs, and the NY TRACON UHF freqs programmed in my scanner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Milair in NY

I'm not in that part of the country but I found quite a bit of info quickly. There's a scan new england forum here with lots of info. I looked around for ANG units there's F-16's in NJ, F-15's in Mass the 104th, Vermont has or (had)? F-16's. I see there's a push to reject the F-35's as well?? There's KC-135's in Maine and more tankers at McGuire in NJ. I'd look for A/A Refuel tracks and freqs, and all the "Huntress" Freqs for Air to Air alert missions. Search in the forums search box for 177th ANG and 104th ANG, and try" Huntress". I'd bet you can hear the F-15's callsign "Rocket"? For closer ops check the database for Orange County,NY military. Some West Point freqs there. There's lot's of stuff if you post something more specific you want to hear maybe we can narrow down the list? (Fighter's/Tankers/Cargo/Army Helo's/Coast Guard?)

Thanks for the help. I will research what you listed. I am not really sure what I want to hear yet as I just started milair monitoring, but I guess I will just have to start listening.
Thanks again for the help!

airwolfbell222

Premium Subscriber
There's a wiki for the NJ Devils out of Atlantic City:

NJ ANG 177th Fighter Wing - The RadioReference Wiki

Mc Guire AFB:

McGuire AFB - The RadioReference Wiki

You also have Barnes and Westover bases to the north and I know they are far, but their aircraft transit up and down the east coast.

Don't forget about the Coast Guard which their primary Air Ops freq is 345.0

There is a long list here of eastern milcom freqs:

Yahoo! Groups

Also Scan New England has some good stuff

New England MILCOM [Archive] - Scan New England Forums

I know it's alot of info to sift through, but I would at a minimum put in the NORAD "HUNTRESS" freqs including 364.2

Also put in the "known" discretes which are common Air-Air freqs:

Cheap Suit 299.5
Magnum 357.0
Winchester 303.0
Haircut 351.0
Triple-3 333.0
Quad3 333.3
Full House 333.55
Full House II 335.55
Straight 345.60
Pistol 384.5

Don't forget to plug in the local Manhattan Helicopter freqs and military helicopters tend to transition the area quite frequently.

Also, you'll find activity in the 137-150 mhz range as well as the 30-50 mhz range.

You might find some groups on the yahoo groups section.

Thanks! That will help me out a lot. I actually found the USMA West Point helicopters that have been flying around lately doing their summer training on White Plains a Tracon frequency on the way to Islip from Stewart. I'll have to program the Manhattan freqs and see what I hear. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.