UNIDEN BCD436HP NC VIPER PROGRAMMING HELP PLEASE!!

Cdw25si

Premium Subscriber
I am in desperate need of some help to program a couple of NC counties that are on the Viper system into my Uniden BCD436HP… I have tried off and on for a couple of years now to program them with no success.. I don’t claim to be very computer savvy or know everything about this scanner. I think it may have something to do with the frequency step but I’m not sure. I really want to get Davidson county programmed in so any help would be greatly appreciated.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What software are you using to program it or are you doing it by hand?

The tables are in the database, and you are aware that Davidson county is simulcast and the BCD436HP doesn't do well on simulcast.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
It's much easier to program via Uniden Sentinel. You're bound to experience issues & make mistakes programming a trunked radio system by hand, especially if you've never done it before.

See also the "Easier to read" manuals linked below

Davidson county is simulcast and the BCD436HP doesn't do well on simulcast.
In that case I'll add a third link (below). OP can try the multipath mitigation methods outlined in the wiki, they may or may not work. OP would be much better off with an SDS100 (or SDS200) when tracking simulcast sites

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
You can also use the Butel Software that is made for that scanner and import from Radio Rerf into your scanner as well instead of trying to do it by hand.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
You can also use the Butel Software that is made for that scanner and import from Radio Rerf into your scanner as well instead of trying to do it by hand.
OP will need a RR premium subscription in addition to the cost of the apps to utilize the RR web import service with third party apps (Butel & Proscan) which is why I only suggested Sentinel (free). Yes I realize there are trial periods with the former 2 & Proscan is second-to-none as far as programming, remote control & other things ;)

Scratch that, OP has a premium sub, I need more coffee :coffee:

Chris0516

OP will need a RR premium subscription in addition to the cost of the apps to utilize the RR web import service with third party apps (Butel & Proscan) which is why I only suggested Sentinel (free). Yes I realize there are trial periods with the former 2 & Proscan is second-to-none as far as programming, remote control & other things ;)

Scratch that, OP has a premium sub, I need more coffee :coffee:
With cream n' sugar?

Chris0516

I am in desperate need of some help to program a couple of NC counties that are on the Viper system into my Uniden BCD436HP… I have tried off and on for a couple of years now to program them with no success.. I don’t claim to be very computer savvy or know everything about this scanner. I think it may have something to do with the frequency step but I’m not sure. I really want to get Davidson county programmed in so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Use Sentinel before you buy software.

HandiScratchy

Use Sentinel before you buy software.
I second this. I couldn't see any benefit to the paid software over Sentinel for programming my bcd436hp. Especially since you still have to keep Sentinel for firmware updates.
If I were providing a stream or trying to remotely control the scanner then I would probably have a different opinion.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I second this. I couldn't see any benefit to the paid software over Sentinel for programming my bcd436hp. Especially since you still have to keep Sentinel for firmware updates.
If I were providing a stream or trying to remotely control the scanner then I would probably have a different opinion.
I agree 100% with that, based on my experience with an SDS200.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan has extra capabilities that I don't believe Sentinel has such as:
  • Multiple Favorites on the same tree which makes it easy to Copy & Paste and Drag & Drop systems
  • Find Duplicates utility
  • Find & Replace utility
  • Update Text Tags utility
  • Import directly from RRDB. RadioReference subscription required
  • Import from the Win Clipboard or from a RR web page. No RadioReference subscription required
  • Versatile Sorting options
  • Google Maps showing all the systems with circles or rectangles
  • Export nicely formatted web page showing any or all (user selectable) FQK's, SQK's, Number Tags, and systems
  • Copy & Paste and Drag & Drop nodes to other systems and other ProScan instances
  • SDS200 FTP Read & Write using the Ethernet connection
  • View the differences between ProScan and the Scanner favorites when writing and reading to and from the scanner
  • Modify Uniden (HPDB) Database utility
  • Change the system type in one step

Ensnared

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Davidson County LE is mostly encrypted.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
ProScan has extra capabilities that I don't believe Sentinel has such as:
  • Multiple Favorites on the same tree which makes it easy to Copy & Paste and Drag & Drop systems
  • Find Duplicates utility
  • Find & Replace utility
  • Update Text Tags utility
  • Import directly from RRDB. RadioReference subscription required
  • Import from the Win Clipboard or from a RR web page. No RadioReference subscription required
  • Versatile Sorting options
  • Google Maps showing all the systems with circles or rectangles
  • Export nicely formatted web page showing any or all (user selectable) FQK's, SQK's, Number Tags, and systems
  • Copy & Paste and Drag & Drop nodes to other systems and other ProScan instances
  • SDS200 FTP Read & Write using the Ethernet connection
  • View the differences between ProScan and the Scanner favorites when writing and reading to and from the scanner
  • Modify Uniden (HPDB) Database utility
  • Change the system type in one step
Sentinel is aimed towards beginners. Hell I’m not a beginner and I prefer Sentinel. You don’t need a premium subscription to import anything ,pretty sure you have to use Sentinel for firmware updates. You can copy and paste as well. We can go tit for tat, but all in all Sentinel is the better. Never understood why there were other software for the 436/536 and SDS100/200 when Sentinel does it.

Chris0516

Sentinel is aimed towards beginners. Hell I’m not a beginner and I prefer Sentinel. You don’t need a premium subscription to import anything ,pretty sure you have to use Sentinel for firmware updates. You can copy and paste as well. We can go tit for tat, but all in all Sentinel is the better. Never understood why there were other software for the 436/536 and SDS100/200 when Sentinel does it.
I do agree that Sentinel is needed for firmware updates, no need for an RR subscription and that one can copy n' paste, but. As far as organizing and being more pleasant to the eye, I prefer Proscan.