TRX-2: Milcom From RR Data Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Ok, after 24 hours of struggling to program my new TRX-2, I have succeeded in programming both conventional and trunked systems. What has frustrated me is finding any Air Force Base listings in the RR data base. I know they exist because I have used RR to program several radios including a PSR-500 / 600, and a BC125AT.

I have searched under Colorado for Buckley AFB near Denver, Nevada for Fallon NAS and Nellis AFB and Utah for Hill AFB and the UTTR ranges to the west. I can't find any of them...

Any ideas?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
TRX-2 Data Down Loads From RR

After continuing to search, I did find Cape Canaveral AFS and NASA ATC freqs, but under California I don't find Edwards AFB or other military bases.

Appears to be an intentional omission.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I was looking for the aircraft frequencies, if you listen to many of the land mobile systems they're P-25 encrypted. I looked for Edwards AFB, Hill AFB, and Buckley AFB without success. I'm hoping I'm wrong..

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I think that some of the individual military installation records have been removed from the RR database due to a request from the bases or service.

There are still quite a few in the database, but many are encrypted.

milcom_chaser

You might have to do a google search to see if you come up with old documents, pdf's. I'm noticing freq assignments have been pulled from Flying Publications for many bases. Bummer...

atech

Premium Subscriber
Take a look in the nevada forums for Red Flag 17-1 & 17-2 will give you the aircraft freqs for Nellis AFB and the test ranges..

QDP2012

I was looking for the aircraft frequencies, if you listen to many of the land mobile systems they're P-25 encrypted. I looked for Edwards AFB, Hill AFB, and Buckley AFB without success. I'm hoping I'm wrong..

Hill AFB is listed in the Wiki at Hill AFB (UT). When the InfoBox was applied to that Wiki page, the conventional frequencies were listed in the DB on the Weber County, UT DB page. But now, it seems that the conventional frequencies have been relocated to a place in the DB named "United States Air Force > Hill Air Force Base", a place I don't see in search-results, and don't find a way to navigate to normally. If someone else figures out a DB link, or a method of navigating to the full "Hill Air Force Base" DB page that lists these conventional frequencies, please post it here.

I don't know if the listing has been intentionally obscured by RRDBAs or not; if it wasn't in the Wiki, I would not have found it in the DB.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
The RRDB (used by both Whistler and Uniden) certainly does not have 100% of the information about radio frequency usage for many reasons - information just hasn't been submitted and/or it's been removed as has been mentioned. But there are other resources you can use - some have already been mentioned.

If you know the frequency ranges (probably 216-406 Mhz) you might find any specific type of activity on, you may want to try using the scanner's search function. It won't tell you who the users are but it should find activity. Then, the fun begins doing the identifications.

QDP2012

Hill AFB is listed in the Wiki at Hill AFB (UT). When the InfoBox was applied to that Wiki page, the conventional frequencies were listed in the DB on the Weber County, UT DB page. But now, it seems that the conventional frequencies have been relocated to a place in the DB named "United States Air Force > Hill Air Force Base", a place I don't see in search-results, and don't find a way to navigate to normally. If someone else figures out a DB link, or a method of navigating to the full "Hill Air Force Base" DB page that lists these conventional frequencies, please post it here.

I don't know if the listing has been intentionally obscured by RRDBAs or not; if it wasn't in the Wiki, I would not have found it in the DB.

For clarity, the Hill AFB (UT) Wiki page has been updated to resolve the DB-to-Wiki connection issues.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.