Milwaukee city fire

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I have a Unication g5 and used the database from radio reference to program oasis. Lots to receive. How does city of Milwaukee and oak creek alert their fire stations? Whats the tgids?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Whats the tgids?
All info is listed clearly in the RRDB

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
All info is listed clearly in the RRDB
Ok so no other tgids thatll go over the stations?
Also whatre the announcement channels for? Like for oak creek police and fire?

19-685

The announcement talkgroups are an "all talk" or "multi select" group that allows a group of talkgroups to be dynamically patched together.

More of a system / user feature than for us monitoring types. I don't worry about programming them as I've never seen them in use on OASIS or on WISCOM since moving to the Badger State several years ago.

Others may have different opinions about programming these or their intended usage.

In regards to your other questions about paging and tone outs for Milwaukee and other fire departments...read back through this thread as some information has been previously posted to your inquiries

19-685

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
The announcement talkgroups are an "all talk" or "multi select" group that allows a group of talkgroups to be dynamically patched together.

More of a system / user feature than for us monitoring types. I don't worry about programming them as I've never seen them in use on OASIS or on WISCOM since moving to the Badger State several years ago.

Others may have different opinions about programming these or their intended usage.

In regards to your other questions about paging and tone outs for Milwaukee and other fire departments...read back through this thread as some information has been previously posted to your inquiries

19-685
Ok thanks. I have read up.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber

19-685
Whatre the MCFD PAGE A-E talkgroups used for? And the MCFD PAGEALL, MC FIRECALL TGs?

19-685

Whatre the MCFD PAGE A-E talkgroups used for? And the MCFD PAGEALL, MC FIRECALL TGs?

Pretty self explanatory if you read the text below the main category text.
These are paging talkgroups for each of the areas/departments listed.

1707395757484.png

PAGEALL is similar => pages ALL departments (i.e. a countywide page for major incidents) with one tone versus having to cycle through each individual agency's tones which could take several minutes to accomplish.

MC FIRECALL is pretty evident as well => it's a CALL channel for all fire departments to communicate with each other for mutual aid operations. You'll hear adjacent agencies call between dispatch centers for requests for "shared services" to respond or asking if an apparatus is available to assist on a call.

MCEMSCALL, MCLAWCALL, and OALAWCALL are used in a likewise manner, except for EMS, Milwaukee County law enforcement agencies, and all OASIS system law enforcement agencies respectively.

WK FIRECALL is same except for it being for Waukesha County. However, you'll hear the same traffic as MC FIRECALL.

And in case you're going to ask about the Milwaukee Firebell talkgroups, refer to the text below the main category text. Logistical support and rehab services (i.e. water, gatorade, coffee, food, a place to cool down/warmup, and portable restrooms).

1707396291345.png

Finally, to pre-emptively answer the question about Waukesha County "Areas" and who gets dispatched on the law enforcement talkgroups, AGAIN, refer to the text below the main category text.

1707396435148.png

Hope this answers the questions you and others may have to better understand what you're listening to.

19-685

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Pretty self explanatory if you read the text below the main category text.
These are paging talkgroups for each of the areas/departments listed.

View attachment 156297

PAGEALL is similar => pages ALL departments (i.e. a countywide page for major incidents) with one tone versus having to cycle through each individual agency's tones which could take several minutes to accomplish.

MC FIRECALL is pretty evident as well => it's a CALL channel for all fire departments to communicate with each other for mutual aid operations. You'll hear adjacent agencies call between dispatch centers for requests for "shared services" to respond or asking if an apparatus is available to assist on a call.

MCEMSCALL, MCLAWCALL, and OALAWCALL are used in a likewise manner, except for EMS, Milwaukee County law enforcement agencies, and all OASIS system law enforcement agencies respectively.

WK FIRECALL is same except for it being for Waukesha County. However, you'll hear the same traffic as MC FIRECALL.

And in case you're going to ask about the Milwaukee Firebell talkgroups, refer to the text below the main category text. Logistical support and rehab services (i.e. water, gatorade, coffee, food, a place to cool down/warmup, and portable restrooms).

View attachment 156298

Finally, to pre-emptively answer the question about Waukesha County "Areas" and who gets dispatched on the law enforcement talkgroups, AGAIN, refer to the text below the main category text.

View attachment 156299

Hope this answers the questions you and others may have to better understand what you're listening to.

19-685
Ok cool that helps alot thanks. I used to be with the Racine fire bells

19-685

Currently the Milwaukee County MCPAGEx talkgroups are in use as follows:

MCFDPAGE A
Intermittent use by North Shore.
They have been doing test pages recently on Sunday mornings with units requested to respond on NS FD DISPATCH talkgroup

MCFDPAGE B
Not currently used by Milwaukee FD based on my monitoring experiences.

MCFDPAGE C, D, E
In use regularly by the agencies in each corresponding area listed.

Don't forget to include each individual department's paging talkgroup if listed. Wauwatosa, as an example, pages out their own apparatus on WUFDPAGE, but when a shared services response is needed, it "usually" goes out on MCFDPAGE C. Sometimes they'll page first on WUFDPAGE then shortly thereafter page on MCFDPAGE C. Occasionally you'll hear pages on MCFDCALL.

Enjoy the airwaves!!!!

19-685

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Currently the Milwaukee County MCPAGEx talkgroups are in use as follows:

MCFDPAGE A
Intermittent use by North Shore.
They have been doing test pages recently on Sunday mornings with units requested to respond on NS FD DISPATCH talkgroup

MCFDPAGE B
Not currently used by Milwaukee FD based on my monitoring experiences.

MCFDPAGE C, D, E
In use regularly by the agencies in each corresponding area listed.

Don't forget to include each individual department's paging talkgroup if listed. Wauwatosa, as an example, pages out their own apparatus on WUFDPAGE, but when a shared services response is needed, it "usually" goes out on MCFDPAGE C. Sometimes they'll page first on WUFDPAGE then shortly thereafter page on MCFDPAGE C. Occasionally you'll hear pages on MCFDCALL.

Enjoy the airwaves!!!!

19-685
Great thanks.