Milwaukee County OASIS Digital Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I use a Uniden BCD325P2 with my P25 threshold set to 6 and I have pretty good luck with hear traffic but that being said there are certain spots that I get no reception or distortion, I realize it’s a scanner and not a commercial radio but I am pretty happy with it.

djeplett

I don't live in the area but I do visit frequently and my Uniden SDS100 does very well. If you will be mobile you will probably have to go that route.

If you are only going to listen in from home then you may have luck with the Uniden BCD325P2, the Whistler WS1040 or a few others, but since the system is simulcast your mileage may vary. Only the SDS100 or the Unication G4 & G5 pagers can track simulcast systems reliably without resorting to tricks & jury-rigging.

mkescan

Uniden BCD996P2 is a good Scanner, and I think the Cheapest Uniden. Walmart Online has good deals sometimes.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Today's the first day I've noticed City of Waukesha PD and FD on OASIS. Pretty sure 58277 is City of Waukesha DPW based on chatter, but I haven't confirmed that.

I'm not hearing any traffic on the Waukesha County Analog Smartnet today. I'm not catching a control channel for it either.

CrabbyMilton

PD's generally get more TG's and/or frequencies. At least that's what I have noticed in the 39 years of scanning.
Also, FD's have access to those universal "FIRECOM" TG's and low power simplex frequencies as well.

Div106

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else find it odd that City of Waukesha has 9 police TG’s but only 3 for fire? I’m beginning to think there are more that we don’t know about yet.....

From information that I have seen that is correct. WKFD has only asked for 3 talk groups when developing there radio templates.

wx9kvh

From what I've gathered via some very reliable/important resources close to the system, there isn't any plans for the old fireground/command talkgroups to be implemented onto OASIS. Just curious if the new versions of these talkgroups are the OAGTACxx TG's......

KD4YGG

Database Admin
There’s a lot of references to “switch to 8-TAC-RED upon arrival ” during initial fire dispatches. This is one of the statewide 800 MHz conventional analog frequencies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
The OA-G-TAC-xx talkgroups, from my understanding, are for all agencies, although there are specific assignments for each respective county, as well as each specific agency type (Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement, etc.).

Don’t forget about the Fire Alpha and Bravo mutual aid talk groups on OASIS.

vittorio

Premium Subscriber
i have a uniden 346xt and would like to program this to get the Milwaukee/Waukesha oasis system. Is this scanner too old to do this or will it work?

djeplett

i have a uniden 346xt and would like to program this to get the Milwaukee/Waukesha oasis system. Is this scanner too old to do this or will it work?
Unfortunately, that scanner only does analog voice. OASIS is digital voice. You'll need a newer scanner.

vittorio

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, that scanner only does analog voice. OASIS is digital voice. You'll need a newer scanner.
thanks! i figured that might be the case. is everything in milwaukee county basically coming over the oasis system (besides MPD)?

Status
Not open for further replies.