Misc 2021 documents

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
here are a few documents with 2021 freqs - mostly wildfire channels - Yellowstone Natl Park also (looks the same as previous years listings)

https://www.nifc.gov/sites/default/files/blm/aviation/BLMlibrary/NAP.pdf
- 2021 BLM fire aviation plan (USA wide)

https://gacc.nifc.gov/rmcc/dispatch_centers/r2cdc/dispatch/Dispatch_folder/SHFRadioFreqGuide.xlsx
- shoshone nf 2021 freqs

https://rvfca.specialdistrict.org/files/1f34d352c/4.09+RVFCA+Frequency+List+-+2021.pdf
- oregon - rogue valley 2021 freqs

https://www.scofmp.org/files/SCOFMP_Recon_DetectionPlan_2021.docx -
lakeview oregon 2021

https://ftp.wildfire.gov/public/inc...latin/2021 CGNF Aviation briefing packet.docx
- custer gallatin - mt - freqs - p25

Reactions: B

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
East of the Sierra Crest-Right Side of CA on Map
Now that you have posted these links, expect them to be non operational within a week or two. Way to go! Some of us have been using some of these to make submissions and posts for a few years, now we will lose some more. Crap!

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
"here are a few documents with 2021 freqs - mostly wildfire channels - Yellowstone Natl Park also (looks the same as previous years listings)"

I didn't see any National Park Service frequencies in here, so I'm not sure why you say this. The document only has 20 pages, further mystifying me.

One of the reasons these documents are kept from public access is that they have the names of employees and their cell phone numbers, not just office numbers. No wonder a lot of people in these agencies strongly dislike us. The frequency information alone will remove these from public access, let alone phone numbers. What are you thinking?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
these documents have been showing up randomly on the Net for the last 20 years or so - I dont expect much difference in the future - you can see the thread about IAPs in the CA forum for more info

Baker845

Nice finds, would look at in future not posting sensitive stuff such as inputs and Tx PL's, otherwise thank you for great info.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
these documents have been showing up randomly on the Net for the last 20 years or so - I dont expect much difference in the future - you can see the thread about IAPs in the CA forum for more info
Wrong, there used to be far more of them that could be found with some very hard work in the last 10 years, right after federal frequency information was reclassified. The huge amount of directories that had been readily available started to disappear. Then, as links to those sites with information still available minus a password were posted, those same links began to disappear. This situation has been discussed on other threads and people stopped posting them. Your posting of these links you have found are the first in about a year, maybe more. A lot of people have posted that they agree with me and that they have seen links disappear after they are posted. The number of hits on official websites is one clue that is used to find unsecured info. That and, I believe our threads are monitored. Just watch how fast these links will disappear.

You are wrong about these links showing up randomly, they show up due to oversights. You now have widely advertised these oversights.

The IAP's are available when resource unit leaders on fires forget to file them in secure locations. Posting those has led to them being filed correctly. They are only available due to oversights and the links to them should not be posted. I'm almost positive this subject is discussed in meetings for incident management teams and covered in training for resource unit leaders and plans chiefs. I was a resource unit leader at one time and I know the kinds of discussions that occur in yearly refreshers.

The fact that this has been an issue in the past and has been discussed in a few threads with lots of posts makes me wonder about the memory of some people.

Baker845

I would agree, i haven't seen links in over year. Once they get posted they disappear very fast .

B

Premium Subscriber
A few crotchety complainers here, my goodness...Okay, one crotchety complainer...Funny that he/she already had the info and is now upset that others have it...And believes only his/her opinion is correct and the only right one.

I'm just going to say thank you to the original poster... zerg901

AM909

Premium Subscriber
A few crotchety complainers here, my goodness...Okay, one crotchety complainer...Funny that he/she already had the info and is now upset that others have it...And believes only his/her opinion is correct and the only right one.

I'm just going to say thank you to the original poster... zerg901
My count is one complainer, one who agrees with the underlying complaint in a more subdued way, and at least one more that agrees with the complaint quietly. I have similar problems with revealing things that do not have much value in understanding system construction or in monitoring, like RIDs and encryption key numbers. That stuff just gives more fuel to the folks that would like to see us (as in RRDB) gone. Not that they are likely to be able, but still, why poke the bear?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Looks like there's only frequencies for a few states. Some of it is pretty interesting in terms of procedures and terminology for the air resources.

Reactions: B

cajunjerry

"here are a few documents with 2021 freqs - mostly wildfire channels - Yellowstone Natl Park also (looks the same as previous years listings)"

I didn't see any National Park Service frequencies in here, so I'm not sure why you say this. The document only has 20 pages, further mystifying me.

One of the reasons these documents are kept from public access is that they have the names of employees and their cell phone numbers, not just office numbers. No wonder a lot of people in these agencies strongly dislike us. The frequency information alone will remove these from public access, let alone phone numbers. What are you thinking?
Just like most people put their phone numbers on public accessible documents ..

danesgs

Premium Subscriber
Back in the 1980's, folks in the DC area kept hand written lists based on what they heard and surmised as to what agency was talking. This was before Tom Knietel even published his books. These lists were passed between individual hobbyists and rarely were seen by anyone but them (way before the internet) The feds back then made friends with scanner hobbyists and even brought some of the more experienced into their fold as techs. Today you can find some hiccup on the federal side that was never suppose to be on a unsecured site and then the site gets taken down. I agree with not posting certain things you have found that may be a mistake. We all make those, even the federal radio folks. I don't thing they "hate us", they just watch us a lot :)

Greg-KJ4DGE