Missing archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyTc

Newbie
Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I was in close proximity to a fatal shooting Saturday morning. In looking at the archives, the period when the shooting occurred is missing. Any idea why? Anywhere else I can find those transmissions?

Feed: Parma, Parma Hts. and Brook Park Police / Fire

Date: 3/13/21

Incident occurred around 2am

Available archives: 1:27 - 1:46 (10 minutes missing), 1:57 - 2:05 (only 9 minutes long).

The period of 2:05 - 2:27 is missing completely.

The shooting occurred at approximately 2:10. So the minutes immediately prior to the shooting, during the shooting and immediately after the shooting are missing. Why would that be?

Thanks!
 

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
11,930
Reaction score
7,651
Location
Dallas, TX
It possible the feed went briefly offline during that timeframe.
 

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 26, 2017
Messages
1,996
Reaction score
929
Location
Radio Galaxy
I bet the feed owner took it offline during that time.
Most of us who do feed and can get to the feed computer will turn it off in an event like such to keep officer safety to a max from the looneys.
 

AttyTc

Newbie
Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the answers. I'm new here and after exploring this site and broadcastify a bit, I realized individuals provide the feeds. I also discovered the ability to contact the broadcaster directly. I haven't gathered the courage to do that yet, but I will, lol. Thanks!
 

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
11,930
Reaction score
7,651
Location
Dallas, TX
Folks, if there is an archive timeframe missing, it could be due to a few reasons:

1) The feed might have gone offline during that timeframe. Even a brief drop in the feed can result in a 30 min block not being recorded.

2) the server that archives the feed might have had a problem. We have 10 servers that archive the feeds 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and sometimes they needed to be rebooted due to maintenance, or they experience a problem or outage.

Thanks,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top