missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

trip236

i've noticed that more&more trooper freqs. are scrambled,is there anything i can do to listen in or is that just the way it is? i have a pro 2096,also i used to here tok&delta troopers but not for awhile,any input?

i've noticed that more&more trooper freqs. are scrambled,is there anything i can do to listen in or is that just the way it is? i have a pro 2096,also i used to here tok&delta troopers but not for awhile,any input?

Depends on a few things trip... Seems the trend for police is to move to all digital communications, and encrypted now too, could be they changed over in your area to encrypted talk groups.

Im not from your area, so I cant verify that, but someone local should be able too..

Last edited:

jak122

I'm in the Southeast, Juneau-Douglas area and I've noticed only a small amount of encryption by the AST and none by DOT-PF.
The bulk of the AST communications are in the clear, but are confined to very brief, terse communications regarding driver license IDs, names, birth dates, etc.

About one out of every ten broadcasts are encrypted, which makes me wonder when I'm reading the western and northern bulk of the state seems to be going mostly or all encrypted.

Possibly Juneau, being the capital and having a liberal majority, might make for a cautious switch to encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.