Mitchell Airport FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Cool, Thanks. Do you have an assignment list for them: what their designators are and units they have?

ctadam12

Do you know if they are dispatched by the sheriff and do they tone out? Also, I still have not heard anything on 33136. I know it's slow there but how often do they use their radios?

CrabbyMilton

I took a tour of that facility back in the early 80's and unless something has changed, I would have to say that they dispatch via landline from the tower. It's almost a given that there is a dedicated line from the sheriff. Just an aside, did anyone ever go to the airport with the scanner, park nearby and watch and listen to the snow removal ops? I couldn't yesterday but many times on snowstorm weekends yours truly has done that. Obviously, in the days before 9-11, you could walk up to the gates inside and have a "front row seat" inside and watch and monitor the show.

ltjweiss

I took a tour of that facility back in the early 80's and unless something has changed, I would have to say that they dispatch via landline from the tower. It's almost a given that there is a dedicated line from the sheriff. Just an aside, did anyone ever go to the airport with the scanner, park nearby and watch and listen to the snow removal ops? I couldn't yesterday but many times on snowstorm weekends yours truly has done that. Obviously, in the days before 9-11, you could walk up to the gates inside and have a "front row seat" inside and watch and monitor the show.

yes i have thought about it, for sh*ts and giggles. i used to be able to pickup the snow removal ops all the way out here in waukesha in the summer of all times, for some reason but i never made the pl set

CrabbyMilton

They'll probably move to the Milwaukee County TRS system at some point.This has been covered but I still find it amazing that 2 private shopping malls are on it but only the Sheriff at Mitchell is on there. Oh well. You are right though, 155.865 and 154.875 come in pretty good all over the county. I put the PL tones on them and turn the squelch up and I can pick it up (even the mobiles) with only the rubber duck and I live in the west central part of Milwaukee.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Do you know if they are dispatched by the sheriff and do they tone out? Also, I still have not heard anything on 33136. I know it's slow there but how often do they use their radios?

Airport Fire is using the MCTRS as their primary system on TG 33136, but they do not tone-out or do 'Station Alerting' on this talkgroup. I would believe this is all land line based. Activity on the TG is somewhat sporadic, some days are pretty busy out there though. Look for all the airport operations currently on VHF to become part of the County's P25 buildout this year. Their VHF gear is outdated and will soon be obsolete because of VHF narrowbanding.

CrabbyMilton

That is neat but that transmitter has often been broken. It actually is on FM in the 88mhz range. BUt us scanner fan don't need what the masses rely on right? :)

mkescan

Mostly just a lot of Alarm testing going on, and some Medical calls.
If your lucky there will be a unit away from Firehouse when a Alert comes in and you will hear something like "700 to Rescue 3.. we have an Alert 1 for a xxx with xxx 10 minutes out"
Or you might catch FD "700" talking to Ops "500" about Alert.

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
The ARFF as of ~2000 was dispatched via landline...voice, klaxon and all. If a unit was out of the station, they were alerted via radio. Their VHF gear was mostly Syntor X9000's which are not narrow-band capable, so as A1EMT said they will be gone sooner rather than later.

ctadam12

The ARFF as of ~2000 was dispatched via landline...voice, klaxon and all. If a unit was out of the station, they were alerted via radio. Their VHF gear was mostly Syntor X9000's which are not narrow-band capable, so as A1EMT said they will be gone sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I heard a medical call the other day. What units do they have?

rescue128

Rescue 1,2 - Suburbans

Rescue 3 - Mini-Pumper Ford F-450

Rescue 5 - Colet 1500 Gallons

Rescue 7 - Oskosh Striker 3000 Gallons

Rescue 8 - Oskosh Striker 3000 Gallons

They have a few random other trucks that I cannot remember at this time.

Mweiher

Why does this concern you so?

They'll probably move to the Milwaukee County TRS system at some point.This has been covered but I still find it amazing that 2 private shopping malls are on it but only the Sheriff at Mitchell is on there. Oh well. You are right though, 155.865 and 154.875 come in pretty good all over the county. I put the PL tones on them and turn the squelch up and I can pick it up (even the mobiles) with only the rubber duck and I live in the west central part of Milwaukee.

What is it that you are interested in having on the MCTRS from GMIA? It should be noted that the system is a public safety radio system and the malls are sponsored by two local law enforcement agencies. That is why they are on the on the system - for direct communications with their respective police departments. At GMIA, the public safety aspect, MCSO, is on the MCTRS. Obviously, the other public safety agencies are federal. Not sure who else you expect to be on our system????

:)

CrabbyMilton

I never said I had a problem with MAYFAIR and SOUTHRIDGE on the system quite the contrary. It's just that every other county agency(that I know of) has long moved to MCTRS. Ok yes I would love to hear the snow removal detail on there since I'm a selish old geezer that would love to hear it much clearer that the VHF system. SO THERE!!!!!!!!!! :)

mkescan

Snow removal? Why not have shuttle buses too then?
just kidding ;-)
My guess is we will hear Airport Ops in the near future.

CrabbyMilton

Well I know you're joking but I'm just talking about county agencys on the MCTRS. Snow removal at the airport is a county function as is general maintenance. Shuttle buses are a private business so there would be no need for them to be on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.