Mke Co Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Does anyone know if more of the FD's, like Oak Creek, will be joining the County Trunked system any time soon? Also, how do the south county fd's operate on only one dispatch channel when they do not share a dispatch center...what happens if Franklin and OC or Hales Corners have to dispatch at the same time?

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Call volume is not exactly heavy down there...of the years I listened when I lived down there, I never heard conflicting dispatches.

I have been a way for about 6 years, I was born and raised in South Milwaukee. I was also wondering about that, also if it would include South Milwaukee, and Crudahay. I wish there was an on-line scanner for those cities, I know there is one for fire @ http://www.wifirefeeds.com/ but not Police.

mkescan

Right now everyone but Cudahy,South Milwaukee,St Francis & Greenfield have their own dispatch/primary channels on the county 800 trunked system.
Greenfield has their own 800 trunked sytem.

Cudahy,South Milwaukee & St Francis will be moving to the county 800 system soon,they were waiting to get all the stuff they needed,and there was a very long wait for Milwaukee Two Way to fit them in.

Sounds like St Francis got their firehouse base radio installed last week,then South Miiwaukee & Cudahy are next for what ever they need Milwaukee Two Way to do.

Then they all have to do some testing & training with the 800 radios,South Milwaukee was using 800 today for some training.

It will be a big day for us scanner folks when they do move to the county system,I hear once they are all done with testing & training they will all switch over on the same day.

If you have a trunk tracker scanner watch for these to pop up
32976 - Cudahy
34256 - South Milwaukee
34416 - St Francis

They are already programmed in the Milwaukee County feed at wifirefeeds.com.

John

ctadam12

Oak Creek is on the 800 system now? Franklin? Are their TGs updated in the database?

Last edited:

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the Airport Fire Department will cutover along with the other South Shore FD's? They had a minor aircraft incident today, would've made it much easier for me to hear them :D

mkescan

I talked to a Airport Firefighter last summer who said they were cuting over in a few weeks or maybe it was months.
I will have to keep a eye on the Pick & Save across from the airport to see if they are shopping,then I will go bug one of them like I did last year ;-)

I have heard several comments from milwaukee county firefighters about Milwaukee 2 Way taking for ever to do things for them,and it also cost a lot money even for simple little things

South Milwaukee went on a call tonight and used the 800 radios,sounds like dispatch might not be set up yet for fire,because the guys on the road called firehouse and told them what to tell dispatch,firehouse then relayed to dispatch on VHF

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Milwaukee Two-way exists for one purpose...to make money for themselves. Everything else is secondary. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.