Mobile County EDACS tower update

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0wb0yup

I have been working in Citronelle for a few days and discovered the system listed in the database is incomplete. Here is the correct freqs and correct order for the Citronelle Tower on the Mobile County EDACS system

Also the Salco site frequency needs to be changed from 868.8570 to 868.8750

Thanks

Tony

ssr

Mobile County changes

Thanks for the update on the citronelle tower and Salco. I am updating my radio and reporgramming. What about the new Saraland tower. Are there any changes with the data on this here on Radio Reference. I have a 780xlt and somehow it seems all messed up so I am just reprograming to get it right. Who all uses the Saraland tower? Should I just program one tower in? If I only program the new Saraland Tower in , will I receive everything. I live in the Saraland area. What about the Wilmer Tower, Is it still active?
Thanks for the info.
Bearcat

c0wb0yup

ssr said:
Thanks for the update on the citronelle tower and Salco. I am updating my radio and reporgramming. What about the new Saraland tower. Are there any changes with the data on this here on Radio Reference. I have a 780xlt and somehow it seems all messed up so I am just reprograming to get it right. Who all uses the Saraland tower? Should I just program one tower in? If I only program the new Saraland Tower in , will I receive everything. I live in the Saraland area. What about the Wilmer Tower, Is it still active?
Thanks for the info.
Bearcat

The freqs shown in the database are correct and in the right order for Saraland Tower, I just checked my scanner to be sure. I have a 780 in my truck and it picks up the saraland tower just fine. As far as which tower and how many to program in, I would say that depends on wether your scanner is in your home and not really a mobile unit, or if it is in a vehicle. If it is setup at home and you live in saraland, I would just program in that one tower. You will hear traffic from all over the county on that tower. Every police dept and fire department (except for the City of Mobile) in the county, as well as road maintenance, county works, etc, use the EDACS system. as far as I know, wilmer tower is still active, and from what I have heard, they will be adding 3 or 4 frequencies to it soon.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.