Mobletech LTR Railroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if it's me or what,I never hear any railroad transmissions?
I'm on the Hopewell site.

k2hz

Database Admin
Just wondering if it's me or what,I never hear any railroad transmissions?
I'm on the Hopewell site.
The only regular LA&L activity is on Avon. Mobiletech seems to have cut back on wide-area relay of most LTR-NET customers so you are likely to hear activity only in the area where a subscriber has a presence. The only RR related activity on Hopewell is likely to be Finger Lakes AVL data but they do not use voice on the Mobiltech system. Their voice activity is all on their own AAR channels.

Avon is sometimes difficult to monitor from Rochester now due to co-channel interference from Newark.

k2hz

Database Admin
I guess I assume that the Mobletech system was simulcast?
If by "simulcast" you mean TGs being broadcast system wide over every LTR-NET site, that was never the case. A particular active TG might be carried over a combination of sites depending on what I believe was a combination of system configuration and/or presence of a subscriber to that TG affiliated with a site.

At one time, LA&L TGs would be occasionally be heard on the Hopewell site although it is not in LA&L operating territory. I assumed it could be because the Mobiletech shop, near Hopewell, had a subscriber unit affiliated with the TG.

Many LTR-NET sites appear to no longer be broadcasting neighbors lists and, in some cases, Site ID=0.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I seem to always receive the Corning-Painted Post Central School District Buses ,even on the Rochester site. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.