MOHP Speed Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanrrman

I just got the new bcd396t and programmed all my channels. I always loved to hear when 94MP would go out and do speed traps by air. I now have the ability to program in CTCSS and DCS. My question is whether the Tac3 and Tac4 speed enforcement channels use a pl tone of 203.5 as the database in Missouri statewide common channels says they do but if you scroll down to Troop A it says those channels use a 100.0 pl tone. Which one is it because I haven't heard him for a couple weeks now and didn't know if they had been up in the air lately or not. It's I'd like to use one of the pl tones but if I keep the CTCSS off then I get bad interference inside my home which is where I'm always at when 94MP goes operational. HELP!!!! Does anyone else follow these freqs.?

scanrrman

What are the best freqs. to use when listening to Troop A. I think I'm missing some stuff and I think the database for Troop A still has old freqs. in it
Base
Mobiles
Repeaters
and they're correct CTCSS or DCS tones. THanks!!!

Gilligan

Database Admin
Regardless, you could just plug both tones in to 2 separate channels. Then you'd be sure to catch any action on them.

clayman

P/L 203.5 is used on TAC 3 & 4 as used by MP94. The same freqs are used at Troop A headquarters with a P/L of 100.0 for low power repeaters that repeat both sides (car & base) of the rural & metro freqs.
FYI TAC 4 is used at the state fair for ops, so you won't hear MP94 using it around fair time. I heard them on TAC 3 a little, and on the lowband Car-Car freq most of the time.
Clayton

scanrrman

Is there any way to find dates, times, and locations of where they're going to set up. Or, do I just have to catch 94MP goin up and saying he'll be 10-8 in whatever county. Or just go and say hi when they go to lunch wherever afterwards. Usually Mac D's hahaha!!!!!
Are they're any Troop A troopers that frequent this site?

stlouisx50

What are the frequencies are you finding when they are doing their speed enforcement?

They at one time used to use 42.020 and The terriable interferance frequency of 42.000.
I have also heard them use their base to mobile frequency talking over the dispatcher.
(All Troop C)

scanrrman

I just heard them on Wednesday in Lafayette County using (TROOP A)Tac 4 154.665 p/l 203.5
Just like clayman said they also use 42.000 during fair time.

Would it be a bad thing to go to an area where they're doing their speed enforcement and observe? They sometimes have them on the highway right where I live. And they might last for 2hrs or so. Maybe post up on a frontage road so as not to interfere whatsoever?

stlouisx50

As long as you don't get in the way of a pursuit. There were cases in the news where people made signs and warned people of the speed trap ahead. Some got arrested. After the court trial the judge commended them and said he thought the people were doing a good thing. Slowing down traffic like the police should be.

scanrrman

Jackson County. Just moved from Bates City! I still get Lafayette occasionally but not very well even though I'm like 15 miles west. Maybe it's the hills in Oak Grove and Grain Valley. It seems to come in only at night. May I ask why you ask where I from? Are you a ham or just a normal scanner? I need to make a friend that's a ham so I can get a license and learn all this great stuff a little more in depth
"980 Lafayette" "I'll be 10-16, Z and McDaniel" I really miss hearing all that! My fiance drives to Lexington everyday and I worry so much, it'd take so much stress off my shoulders just so I know if there's a bad wreck or what have you, I still know what's happened or not.

scanrrman

Or are you scanning cause you running from the law. Sorry I just saw your post about being on p&p. Just curious, you said it.
Another ? How far away have you been able to pick up your city of Lexington. Have you gotten it from Blue Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.