Monitoring Chioces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biker59

I am in Lima Ohio, Allen County. I would like to only monitor (on my PC) a couple of Law Enforcement frequencies without having to monitor EMS, Fire, etc. Is this possible? I have a Premium Subscription

satosi

I'm not a premium subscriber but I think it is possible to filter what you download from the database by agency, such as Law, Fire, Medical, etc. If your program supports downloading from the database check and see if it can do this.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am in Lima Ohio, Allen County. I would like to only monitor (on my PC) a couple of Law Enforcement frequencies without having to monitor EMS, Fire, etc. Is this possible? I have a Premium Subscription
If you mean program a scanner for only those frequencies of interest, then sure, it's possible. Using software to download (as satosi was indicating), you'd pick only those items that you wanted.

However, from your comment "on my pc", if you meant listening to one of the scanner feeds, then the answer would be no. Feed content is whatever the provider has chosen to stream. The only control you have is to choose a live audio feed that most closely matches your interests. However, there may only be one choice covering the geographical area you want to monitor. If so, you have no other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.