Monitoring MSCommNet with BDC536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

msp563

Premium Subscriber
I'm having problems monitoring the State Police network on my new Bearcat scanner. I've made several programming attempts and haven't made a lot of progress. My biggest problem is lost or dropped off receptions and audio that sounds like it's coming through a glass of water. For successful monitoring I have had to keep my analog scanner going so that I can hear all the traffic. I wonder if others are using this scanner on the Maine system and if you have any suggestions on how to clear this up. I am in the Bangor area and have had some luck off the Bald Mtn and Garland DOT towers.

Thanks

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
looks like a P25 system.....the 436 / 536 are great scanners on the Analog trunking systems / conventional .....they will do Digital P25... only ok ... .... some transmissions come great ....some are Gobbled ...... some are missing the 1st 10 seconds of the transmission....... some sites will not come in at all......I’ve been scanning since the mid 70’s and the P25 digital trunking got me fooled... I own 2 SDS 200’s now ......good luck

Last edited:

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Further more..... that P25 system runs on the 155.xxx Freq...... so a Correct Antenna will help on locking in on those control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.