Monitoring notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Information overload incoming :)

While driving from the Triad to Wayne county, I did some monitoring and have a few notes:

Forsyth County:
The LCNs in the database for the Winston Tower fleet talk (NXDN) site are incorrect. It does not
look like they may not have a site there anymore as the updated LCN numbers being given by the control
channel match a license for the GMAC building (just a mile or so away from Winston Tower).
461.5125 - 522
462.1625 - 574
463.4125 - 674
464.8875 - 792

Site number/RAN was 11. I will pop those into my 436HP and confirm that those are all correct
before submitting.

Chatham County:
The fire department simulcasts on VIPER from their VHF frequency. Can't say for sure about EMS
or sheriff.

Lee County:
Lee county still uses VHF/UHF conventional for the most part. Fire, EMS, and Sanford PD still use
VHF/UHF directly. Can't confirm where the Sheriff is... maybe on the NXDN system or I could have
just missed traffic on their conventional channel.

The NXDN system is a simulcast of the VHF frequency, at least for the EMS which I confirmed to
be on TG 22. Fire *may* be on TG 1 but I can't say for sure.

TG 50 was also being used by what sounded like a law agency. Maybe the sheriff? Not sure as I got
out of range before I heard more. I shave submitted what I confirmed to the database.

I noted that at least for Lee EMS, it can be heard three places: on their NXDN system, on
conventional VHF, and on VIPER.

Johnston County:
A number of unknown TGs heard in the short time I monitored that system. It was strange that
they were all five digits while all the TGs in the DB are four digits:

51825 - "my first 10-51, 10-23"
22065 - ?
22066 - Talking about a lift not operating
41512 - Dispatcher talking about handling 10-46 for "Charlie 6" (Seems like a Law Agency)
52489 - EMS to Hospital comms
13504 - Unknown unit talking to dispatcher
22004 - (Mentioned Spring Lake, NC) dispatch to a 10-39 verbal dispute (law)
41507 - "Woods on fire" (pine ridge rd.)
30011 - (mentioned trinity grove) "307 is back in county"

Wayne County:
The sheriff is mostly encrypted although I did catch a little dispatch traffic in the clear. The TG
labeled "LE dispatch" is in the clear as is Goldsboro PD. All fire and EMS is in the clear.

I saw on the forums that not too long ago, "simulcast 1" was not used. And while I can confirm that
"simulcast 11" is the most active, there is some traffic on the other simulcast. I haven't been able
to tell how it is decided which agencies are on "simulcast 1," but it seems to be primarily the sheriff
(mostly encrypted).

Lenior County:
Unknown TGs on the Lenoir/Jones system:
27635 - Lenoir Sheriff TG? Talking about "taking care of a child"
26621 - Possibly a Jones County TG

Got some other new TGs copied as well, but mainly on business systems like RCS and Direct Call, so I won't mention those here as I already have dumped a LOT of info haha :D

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Didn't get much new stuff on the way back through Raleigh and Durham and Greensboro. A few new TGs on the Guilford County system but that's about it. Anyone have any ideas on any of the unknowns from above?

Also, the new LCNs seemed to be working ok on the GMAC fleet talk site. NX4 was displaying, but there was no voice traffic this late. I'll try and confirm it tomorrow or Monday.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
In regards to Johnston County, I found recently that one of their sites (I believe it was Clayton) shared a frequency with the Erwin VIPER site, I noticed also that I was getting talkgroups that did not appear to be Johnston County related. I reduced the range on GPS settings for the Johnston County towers and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
In regards to Johnston County, I found recently that one of their sites (I believe it was Clayton) shared a frequency with the Erwin VIPER site, I noticed also that I was getting talkgroups that did not appear to be Johnston County related. I reduced the range on GPS settings for the Johnston County towers and it seemed to have fixed the problem.
Ah interesting! That makes more sense now as I just checked and those TGs match VIPER TGs. Kinda strange to have two systems with the same CC so close together...

cjross2008

Premium Subscriber
Information overload incoming :)
Lenior County:
Unknown TGs on the Lenoir/Jones system:
27635 - Lenoir Sheriff TG? Talking about "taking care of a child"
26621 - Possibly a Jones County TG

Got some other new TGs copied as well, but mainly on business systems like RCS and Direct Call, so I won't mention those here as I already have dumped a LOT of info haha :D

26621 is JCSO Dispatch

scannerpro

Is Johnston County still on EDCAS Provoice or Phase2 APCO? Or VIPER? I’ve heard some of there EMS unit reports on VIPER to Wakemed.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.