Montco 800 PD repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavisjr

Sorry about that folks, not sure what happened to my original post. So while sitting in my truck in the parking lot of the Royersford Wawa I start picking up what sounds like Montco 800 East PD talk groups (I've heard enough to know what talk groups I'm hearing). What struck me as odd was it sounded nothing like the fire repeaters that I'm used to. No skip or voice deviations, you would of swore I was scanning the 800 system from the clarity. I glanced at the scanner (w/o dropping my turkey bowl) just long enough to see that it was a high band freq and was clearly hitting on p/l tone 91.5 so it must of been someone in that area.

cdavisjr

Sometime this week I'll kill an hour and try to get a freq. 2 things struck me as odd 1 being hearing a high band 800 pd repeater ( I believe) and 2 how clear it was. If I got it that good once I'm sure I can again.

cdavisjr

Afternoon all. Back with an update. So I went back to the same spot and tried it again, then looked at my scanner profile. This is what I came up with. Everyone in my scanner w/o a confirmed use gets labeled just for who they are so 51/54 FD Assoc 1 was hitting at 91.5 p/l on a 800 fire repeater of some kind, heard 69 FD go available from a EMS assist. It was traditional quality and audio level that we are accustomed to with Montco 800 repeaters currently set up. Limerick Twp Fireman's Relief Association - (WQOU799) The other surprising one was 53 FD HB 152.465 which was hitting on a much louder and clearer repeating of the PD side of Montco 800 also a 91.5 p/l. PD 4, 7 & 8 were all heard based on radio traffic. Lower Providence Twp Fire Department - (WPWT954)

Status
Not open for further replies.