Moose Jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve5wil

Nice thing about MJ, our FD will not encrypt unless the province forces them too. as for our PD, they have been encrypted for several years now, and even on their brand new (iden or tdmax2 system - have yet to determine which) they went full encryption on all channels. A sad state when Fire, EMS and PD all encrypt, although understandable to a degree for EMS and some PD Ops.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It’s likely a P25 phase 2. iDEN is long, lone gone and Motorola stopped selling X2 TDMA once the phase 2 standard was approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ve5wil

It’s likely a P25 phase 2. iDEN is long, lone gone and Motorola stopped selling X2 TDMA once the phase 2 standard was approved.

From MJPS Proposal "The new radiocommunication system is designed minimally for the next fifteen (15) years. It is intended for Police Service. It must be digital type, NXDN FDMA or DMR TDMA technology (multi-site if applicable) in TRUNKED mode and support AES-256 type encryption "

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
from MJPS Proposal "The new radiocommunication system is designed minimally for the next fifteen (15) years. It is intended for Police Service. It must be digital type, NXDN FDMA or DMR TDMA technology (multi-site if applicable) in TRUNKED mode and support AES-256 type encryption "

That eliminates Motorola. Odd they want NXDN or DMR rather than go with P25.

ve5wil

When MJPS first went digital they offered the local paper one of the portables at cost. Needless to say the local paper couldn't justify the cost.

Saskwonder56

I saw Moose Jaw Search & Rescue this past weekend at the Berry festival in Mortlach. Unsure of what radios they use and never got the opportunity to ask.
Does anybody have any insight as to what MJ SAR use for communication? Are they monitorable?

ve5wil

I saw Moose Jaw Search & Rescue this past weekend at the Berry festival in Mortlach. Unsure of what radios they use and never got the opportunity to ask.
Does anybody have any insight as to what MJ SAR use for communication? Are they monitorable?
At one time they were just using FRS / GMRS radios. I believe they are now commercial band VHF units. Been a while since I was with them.

ve5wil

At one time they were just using FRS / GMRS radios. I believe they are now commercial band VHF units. Been a while since I was with them.
I didn't get much detailed info, just caught a friend in passing. But they do have at least 1 PPSTN radio, and can sign out a city police portable if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.