Moosonee, ON

Looking for help to be able to listen to OPP Moosonee ON. I’m willing to buy a scanner if need be but just wonder if it’s possible to listen to this area?

Can I listen to this online?

IMG_0588.jpeg

Nobody is streaming Emergency Services up your way. I see you can listen to aviation though.

Thanks for your reply. Would I be able to listen to the above OPP frequency with a scanner? Moosonee is a very remote town in Northern ON so I doubt if it would be encrypted here?

32dave

Premium Subscriber
Yes but it would have to be P25 and they are putting in a new system that will be encrypted. I didn't have $1100 for a new scanner so I picked up a few SDRs which need a computer but they start at $40 CAD but you get what you pay for

Noseybody

Useless fact, a company I worked for a few years back sent a man on a service call to Moosonee. Loaded a service truck on a train..... Got there, no one around, found where he was to stay, but no one there. No power in the town. Found someone in the town, they said to just take a room key off the wall and go to that room. Was finished his work but was not able to run test his work, as there was no power. He did like the trip to , while there and return from there..

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
And my useless fact about Moosonee / Moose Factory ... Put my Jeep on the train chain car a few years back around Canada Day with my young sons. Nosed around both towns. Was part of the team that came in 4th place on the firetruck pulling contest on Moose Factory... a great honor (or should I say "it was a great honour, eh?")

Operated HF mobile on Moose Factory and created a little pileup.

Great times.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
What does Moosonee use now? There's no FleetNet site up there, and there wasn't a NOR site there back in the day. I assume their UHF BEAT repeater is remotely linked to Thunder Bay PCC, and coverage would be adequate for the town.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Yes, it is all you really need up there. Might not be useful if you want to travel away from the community.

gary123

That scanner will also be good for forest fire season as well Aircraft/Marine and Rail. The Close Call may help you find other active local frequencies.